Transform Regrets

Old 08-26-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Transform Regrets

Transform regrets
by Ralph Marston

Do you feel sadness and disappointment for what you have failed to do? Then you have some powerful energy for moving yourself forward.

Do you feel regret for the missed opportunities? That painful regret has a positive purpose.

For although those past opportunities are gone, even more powerful ones have arisen to take their place. What’s even better is that you now have more reason than ever to make the most of them.

You can easily and naturally transform sadness into motivation. You can transform the regrets into powerful and unstoppable determination.

Feel the intensity of your own energy. Realize you can point that energy in any direction you choose.

Choose to point it forward, in alignment with your highest purpose and most treasured dreams. Now is the time that matters, and now you can make life great.

Posted with permission from...© 2010 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
From The Daily Motivator website at The Daily Motivator - Transform regrets
Old 08-26-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have often referred to misfortunes in life, or obstacles, as "strangely wrapped gifts", because from the sadness, darkness, frustration and despair in our lives comes the necessity to find another course, a new path, or a change in the way we live...and this change may lead us to some place wonderful that we would never have found without the obstacle.

Recovery is one of those gifts. I came to the rooms exhausted and sick of the way I was living. I came as a person who had lost her spirit and I simply surrendered to the hope that maybe this could help me change my life...and it did.

We can stay stuck in the problem or, when exhausted and beaten, we can begin living in the solution...recovery and a better healthier life.

We can transform the regrets and sadness in our lives to something that will give us courage and strength to change.

If I can do it, you can too.

Hugs
Old 08-26-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

We can stay stuck in the problem or, when exhausted and beaten, we can begin living in the solution...recovery and a better healthier life.

We can transform the regrets and sadness in our lives to something that will give us courage and strength to change.

If I can do it, you can too.

Hugs

Ann, that was well said and to the point. I find myself stuck in the problem frequently but I do know that living in the solution is a much better place to be. I am so glad you shared this. I really needed a bit of motivation today and this did the trick.

I have been having that day where I wonder how an I here again and is this really happening again? But I understand that I have to take steps to heal myself and work on me because I cant control my AH and I definitely did not create this issue. I personalize things sometimes and I have to work on that, because even though I am living it its not a personal assault. Its a sad disease and it morphs them into something different.

Thanks for sharing
Old 08-27-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think that sometimes we continue to live in the problem because, as unpleasant as it may be, it is what we are used to, a dysfunctional comfort zone, so to speak. We know what to expect, we know how to act, and so we continue living with regrets rather than stepping out into new territory to find a better path.

How surprised I was to find that the better path wasn't scary at all, it brought light to my life and hope for a happier tomorrow.

Like the reading suggests, I could use my past with all its regrets to motivate me to go forward into a better place called recovery.

Hugs
Old 09-19-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann beautiful post, thanks .... I am trying to continue life, my biggest issue as a mom is the good old catholic guilt....I feel like my fault at times but know it is not but also feels uncomfortable to be happy when I have two struggling so badly with this disease.... I have a third who deserves all of me and coming here and reading always helps back to the task at hand, not his circus for sure he deserves to live life and get a mom that is fun, loving and happy My daily struggle