How do I continue

Old 08-20-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I continue

My boyfriend of almost 2.5 years left me last week. He has already moved on with another woman who is also in the program. They are heroin addicts. He denies that he is using to me, but has admitted it to other people that I have talked to. When I talk to him, I know. I know that it is not him. It breaks my heart because one day when he lets himself feel this loss he will be so hurt. Right now he is just numbing it. He's running with someone that is the opposite of me. She's a party girl and I was more like his rock. It's so sad for me and I don't really know how to deal with it all.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yblehs92691 View Post
My boyfriend of almost 2.5 years left me last week. He has already moved on with another woman who is also in the program. They are heroin addicts. He denies that he is using to me, but has admitted it to other people that I have talked to. When I talk to him, I know. I know that it is not him. It breaks my heart because one day when he lets himself feel this loss he will be so hurt. Right now he is just numbing it. He's running with someone that is the opposite of me. She's a party girl and I was more like his rock. It's so sad for me and I don't really know how to deal with it all.
Hello, I am sorry for what brings you here. I'm sure you will receive lots of support here and others, more experienced members will welcome you soon. For now, please, try to concentrate on yourself. I know that it's hard, but he is an adult and made his choices. You need to make yours. Would you like to be in a relationship with an addict? He may have done you favour by leaving and I hope that one day you will see it. It took me few months to see this myself. Please, take care of yourself x