Just checking in...

Old 07-30-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in...

Hi, friends. I have not posted here in a while. I do check in and read information from all over this site, especially this forum. I still find that it's difficult for me to formulate any advice for anyone. I had been posting things like "I have no advice; just want you to know I care" but I figure that must get annoying real fast, so now I mostly read. This forum was a lifeline for me when I was struggling to figure things out (my role, how much to help, when to help) and when I simply needed to vent or run screaming from the room!!! Thank you. Things are going as well as they can at my house. I have pulled way way back and am no longer following up/ reminding/ asking/ inserting myself into my son's recovery, and he's doing great with IOP, therapy and meetings. He's very motivated by his new sponsor and his Just for Today book, and I could not be happier about that! I suppose he's still considered in "early" recovery, and he has to keep the good people at probation happy and satisfied, which so far so good, but he's got some loose ends that are tying up. I do pray every night for my son's continued recovery and for the recovery of everyone who is addicted, recovering, or is hurting because of a family/friend's addiction. I pray also for our family attorney's continued guidance and capable advice, as well as for compassion from the judicial system towards those struggling. You'll see me on the word games forum, I enjoy those tremendously, a nice diversion! Take care, all. I hope you all find peace, recovery, happiness. Those of you who consistently provide such wonderful advice to others have my great admiration!

-Jenna
Old 07-30-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

JRM,

We will pray along with you. Wishing you and your son continued sobriety and serenity.

Jim
Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Add my prayers too, I am so glad he is doing well and that your life is more peaceful today.

Hugs
Old 07-31-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are looking up.

Don't fret about not feeling up to posting much on here yet. It sounds like the situation is still very raw for you, so give yourself time. I've only begun posting more, but it took time.