New Day, New Gift

Old 07-21-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thumbs up New Day, New Gift

I wake each morning with the thrill of expectation and the joy of being truly alive. And I'm thankful for this day.
—Angela L. Wozniak

Being open to the day's offering, all of it, and looking for the positive experiences therein, becomes habit only after a firm commitment and dedicated practice. Today is special for each of us.

These next twenty-four hours will be unlike all others. And we are not the persons we were, even as recently as yesterday. Looking forward to all of the day's events, with the knowledge that we are in the care of our higher power, in every detail, frees us to make the most of everything that happens.

We have been given the gift of life. We are survivors. The odds against survival in our past make clear we have yet a job to do and are being given the help to do it. Confidence wavers in all of us, but the strength we need will be given to each of us.

In this day that stands before me, I can be certain that I'll have many chances for growth, for kindness to others, for developing confidence in myself. I will be thoughtful in my actions today. They are special and will be repeated no more.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey
Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading tapped me on the shoulder this morning. Yesterday my husband and I nattered at each other a lot, nothing big, just the kind of nattering husbands and wives do now and then when they are both in a bad mood at the same time. I am married a zillion years, so this isn't a life issue, it just IS.

This morning I woke up ready to take up where I left off, still feeling the after affects of a bad day yesterday.

And then I read this.

I can pick up where I left off and experience yet another bad day (the heat wave doesn't help), OR...I can find the joy in a new day and let yesterday dissolve into the universe forever over and done. The choice is mine.

Today I choose to find joy, in nature and in family and in whatever surprises the day brings. I am setting down the ugly stick and picking up the wand of peace...and joy.

How about you, what do you choose to feel today? You have a choice, no matter what life hands you, and you have all of us to share with if that helps process the struggles.

Hugs
Old 07-25-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann.

Today, I am inspired to take the high road in my relationships at work and home and to also take time to appreciate and be thankful for the gifts I've been given.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good luck, Anaya.

The day I posted this I opted for the high road too, and guess what? My relationship and my day became lovely and all the negative nattering was history.

It's not that we need to stuff our feelings, we don't, but we can take a moment and assess them, decide what is causing them...the real cause...and then process them and let them go. My problem is that sometimes I just hang on far too long to negative thoughts that are not important and can weigh me down.

Today I will pay attention to my thoughts and feelings, and when possible reach for positive happy space to spend my day. It's a rainy day here, a good chance to find the joy even in a rainy day.

Monday hugs to everyone.