Been gone and Back

Old 07-16-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been gone and Back

I have not posted for a long time - I have been so disgusted with the way I have allowed myself to get used by my AD. For 15 years she has used drugs and used everyone around her. I stopped enabling her 3 years ago and she just replace me, posted on line and found a boyfriend who paid for her. He finally caught on as she fooled all of us that she was clean and 2 weeks ago was arrested for robbery theft. Today I go to see her for the first time in 5 months to discuss recovery she says but after 7 rehabs what are the chances. I am angry at her but angry at myself. I'm mad at her but mad at myself. For 15 years my life fell apart worrying about this daughter of mine and now at 60 years of age I look back at all the wasted time which is all my fault for allowing her addiction to run my life. I have no advice to give as I failed myself but maybe if you are reading this you won't make my same mistakes. Saying no to drugs goes for all of us none users too. Please pray for me that today God helps me say the right thing at the right time instead of the angry thing that is boiling right below the surface. I pray for all families addicted to the addiction
Old 07-16-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

be kind to yourself. We all make mistakes. This is unchartered territory for all of us at one time. Take what you have learned and share it (as above). Some way and at the right moment, it may make a huge difference for someone else who is suffering. You are not alone. Guilt is a horrible feeling, please do not dwell on it or it will block the other good things in life. Hugs, Joie