Luxury Rehab

Old 06-15-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Luxury Rehab

I am just shaking my head. Had a conversation with someone in "the real world" today about substance abuse and her opinion that she'd heard the best rehabs are in Florida. Why didn't my son go to one of those instead of the gritty one he'd gone to in an inner city? Hello? He went where his insurance would pay for! What the hell? We paid for 50% of college education for two kids, pay our mortgage, etc... I don't have thousands to shell out for a luxury rehab with unicorns, rainbows and mermaids as a side show! He sure doesn't have the money. Do people think this stuff is free? My son can't go to the IOP program that he wanted to attend because the program is 3x/week and it decided it's not accepting his insurance (even though the insurance company insists this IOP is in network... but where does that leave him? Insurance says "file a complaint against the IOP - ok, sure, but really his main focus is in getting into a program, not tilting at windmills) sorry, I digress.... anyway this IOP said sure, they have sliding scale fee available and would see him for the low low price of $75/evening x 3 evenings/week. Oh, and your labs for drug tests are extra. Sure! $225plus per week, for several months. No problem? I can't begin to imagine what one of those ocean-front massage table rehabs cost!

#end of rant
Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rant on..I completely agree! It's SO overpriced!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh hell, if it was cheaper, just think of the types of people you'd get.......middle class or worse! EEEEEEK! the horror.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

JennaRoseMadre....I found that it is futile to talk, in any detail, to those "in the real world"---aka as those who are ignorant of this disease and circumstance surrounding it!!
Most people are..unless they have had a very pressing reason to have to learn.....

try not to feel (or accept) judgement by those....often well meaning, but ignorant others.....
You don't have time for that...lol........

dandyllion
Old 06-15-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

It is a scam.

The government gets us cradle to grave.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
The rehab could be like the Burj Al Arab, and it won't make a bit of difference if the addict doesn't want to clean up.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your real world friend has a lot to learn...and I pray she never has to learn the hard way like we did.

The Salvation Army has a free and very good rehab. They, and God, don't care how much money you don't have.

Mostly I find that the success of any rehab is directly related to the resident's willingness to do the work it takes to get clean and stay clean.

Rich and famous addicts die too, that's the sad truth.

Hugs
Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
oh hell, if it was cheaper, just think of the types of people you'd get.......middle class or worse! EEEEEEK! the horror.
Anvil, have I told you lately how I love your way with words.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

During my time in rehab for depression, there was a girl whose family sent her to the poor folks' rehab as punishment for relapsing. She had been several times to some elite oceanfront rehab. Their deal was if she was "good" for a week, they'd send her on to her fancy rehab. When the time came, she decided to stay with us because she felt she was growing more there. Fancy doesn't mean effective.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I don't understand how luxury = recovery. They are there to recover from addiction, not work on their tans.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I actually think the rehab my son attended was quite good. People were there private pay, sliding scale, insurance, government grants, and some were mandated by the court. He learned a lot from the counselors and the na meetings, and he learned a lot from the patients who were deep into the court system -- eye opener as to what could happen if he didn't straighten himself out.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Angry Luxury Rehab

My AD is 25 gonna turn 26 in September.. Just got arrested for her first felony possession charge of meth.. (on my Birthday) I think God paid me a visit, she had lost from 170-115 in two months, been treated for Abscess, where she missed.. I let her stew in Jail for one month and a half, finally I felt like she was being honest with me about being clean and staying clean. Of course, it was just the glass talking to me not her real intentions. While we shopped for Rehab's she asked to go to an NA meeting sure I meet the guy he looks clear, clean cut.. yeah.. So she goes and then back to his place to use again, she had court on Monday morning at 9 AM, showed up here at 8:30 AM still high, forgot her shoes to go to court, so I had to lend her mine..
I felt like I was babysitting a 3 year old.. We had found a rehab for her named BDR in Michigan, they are holistic, and 12 steps and spirtual.. its a 90 day program.

Well one problem.. cannot find her licenses, no license no fly, so then we had to sort through the tweekerdom of a room to find her Birth Certificate to go get an ID. Got the ID, she has lethargy today, cannot think to decide what to pack... want to get her as far away from Texas as possible.

When she is done, she has to go to Sober living I cannot do this any more..at all I am done done done..feeling used in Texas..

She is looking at either 4 years deferred or 2 years in prison.. I am really hoping for the deferred so she has to stay clean for that,.. plus she is 2, she signs the mastery promissory note not me... BDR is out of network, they are paying to fly her there and create a discharge plan after90 days an