My Joey , I will miss you forever.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My deepest condolences to you and your family, MyJoey.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You did everything you could. I am so very sorry.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Im so sorry for the loss of your son. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of Joey. Sending you big hugs and prayers for your peace in the coming days and months. PLEASE don't feel guilty. Your son left to keep you from feeling that. Please find time to take care of yourself and your family coming together during this dark, sad time.
Hugs,
TT
Old 05-17-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My condolences to you and your family. May your son rest in peace.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

((((HUGE HUGS)))) Thank you. I didn't hide Joeys addiction, in his obit we told that he struggled with addiction. It would have been silly to me to try and hide what friends and family all ready knew. I have had other parents of addicts writing, calling and even stopping at my house asking what they can do to help their child. At first I wanted to scream ! Are you kidding me, my child is dead. Do you really think I'm the person to ask? But then I seen the pain and fear, the same pain and fear that I have had so many years. I have advise like everyone else, right or wrong you have to do what's right in your heart because when they died and the chances are they may, don't have regrets. Are there things I would do different now, of course because what I did didn't work but nothing would have. So I don't live with regrets, he knew he was loved. I wish he could have loved himself. Thank you ..... ((((All)))).
Old 05-17-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

My heart hurts for you. Joey will be in your heart for the rest of your life and I know that the one thing you will always find comfort in is that he knew he was loved. It will be 10 years for me this summer that I lost my daughter and that thought still brings me comfort.
Thank you for not trying to hide it. We need more open conversation about this insane epidemic that is taking our beautiful children.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

@myjoey I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly do. I'm right there with you. I lost my son to addiction 2/13/16. He was only 25 years old. My heart is heavy with pain. We are part of the same club that no one is jumping for joy to get into. I understand what your son, Joey, meant about letting go. My son used to tell me, if you could only see and feel for just a moment you would understand my pain." I accepted that he truly was in pain being trapped in his addiction, but I never lost hope as his mother. We had a great relationship to and understood each other's limitations wanting the best for each other. I'm glad there is no more pain or fear. I just miss my son so much! Talk to him. I believe he can listen and comfort you. I do the same. Hugs and prayers for you and your son.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Such a sad story, but at least he's now at peace.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My heart goes out to you. Losing your child is the most difficult thing anyone can face

May the LORD bless you
and protect you.

May the LORD smile on you
and be gracious to you.

May the LORD show you his favor
and give you his peace.’
Old 05-18-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh my god...I am so sorry to hear. So extremely sorry. I have no words. Including you in my prayers.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I looked at Joey's facebook and saw the beautiful, beautiful pendant you gave your daughter. While it brought tears to my eyes, Joey's photographs brought smiles and respect from me. They caught my attention and drew me in; he was very talented!

Ashes to ashes, stardust to stardust. Joey lives peacefully and brilliantly forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved Joey.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Your son was a beautiful boy and full of life. My heart breaks for you. I realized looking at his Facebook that this is the 5th time in the last year I've done the same with classmates of my children. When will it ever stop?
Joey was well-loved and I'm sure he knew that. Peace to you.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. I too looked at his Facebook this morning when I read your post and have been thinking of you and your family all day.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

sending love and prayers to you and your beautiful family on the passing of your beloved son Joey. With deepest sympathy.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for looking at his Facebook pictures, for the short time he had on this earth he had a lot of great times and friends. Joey's bubbly personality drew people to him. Just his laughter would make you smile and the most amazing hugs ever. I pray we find the answers surrounding his death, not that it will change anything and I know it was his will but I still would like to know where he was during the time missing. Of course the police are looking at it from the drug end and that's great to. They think he got a hit of fentanyl , we have had a huge amount of young deaths in the last 2-3 months.
Lotusangel ((((hugs))))) from my heart to yours.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Message me any time. I'm still trying to figure out how to live with this pain. I miss him so much! I, like you, want to know what he was feeling, thinking, and seeing right before he passed. I know it won't change anything but I need to know, even if it's only hours or seconds. I pray for all us.