Husband passed away

Old 05-16-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So sorry, praying for you. Addiction is a terrible, terrible disease.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frankster View Post
The last few days I've heard of person after person who has recently died or is incredibly sick and close to death from alcohol or drugs. Thank you for sharing this very personal event. It brought tears to my eyes. But for the grace of god go I. My condolences through this hard time.
A few days after my son died, the news said 87 people die each 'day' from drugs/alcohol and it is now considered an epidemic.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Condolences on the loss of both your husband and mother, significant losses. Prayers for his mother also, she's got to be hurting .
Old 05-16-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am very sorry for your loss...I know, everyone says that, sorry for your loss and all that...I understand, the father of my children died suddenly on April 13th, he was 43, not heroin user, but drinker. My soon to be ex husband is a heroin user, so I understand the heroin part also. I am sorry

I think about the father of my children every day. The pain for my girls is beyond this world, I was not ready for him to go. He was not supposed to go, but he is gone.

Heroin is an evil drug, addiction doesn't make sense, how things happen in the Universe don't make sense. I tell myself that if they are gone, they are done suffering here
Old 05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

nmb,

"......This is not what I wanted for him."

Trust us when we say, it is not what he wanted for himself either, just try to find some small comfort knowing that he is finally free from his demons.

A very wise lady once posted this here at SR:

"Love cannot save our addicted loved ones, if it could, not one of us would be here." Truer words were never written.

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 05-17-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

maybe this is why we hold on to each other so tight here. so many of us in this path.. Oh my Dear Young Woman of Faith Hope and Family.. my heart weeps ... do you have a chair or something in your place that he would have sat in?? if so go to it and sit and clear your mind open your heart for he will know what door to go through and talk to him softly and he will hear you and come to you and hold you tight I promise... love so much Love I send from the bottom of my weeping heart.. and prayers for you to hold all of us tight and scream here and we all shall hear and respond in kindness and love.. ardy