The struggle is over.....

Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss.

Addiction robs us of our loved ones. Some are taken forever, others are left changed forever from their drug abuse.

My husband didn't die from an overdose. He has been in a nursing home for 4 years after a drug overdose induced stroke in 2012. No chance of recovery, he has vascular dementia and is pretty much bedridden now.

I cry every time I visit him. Such a vibrant human being lost forever.

Again, my condolences on your loss and on our collective suffering due to drugs and addiction.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 25 AS two and-a-half months ago. The hurt is constant. I just miss him so much. Lots of prayers for you and your family.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
It's funny. You joined us in December 2004, but I'm fairly certain that his struggles began before that day. That's more than 11 years of ups and downs for you and for all who loved him. I can't imagine what it's like for you at this moment, 1dayatatime. But I'm thankful that you shared what you shared with us, and I hope that in the days and weeks to come that if you need us, you come to us.

God bless him, you, and all of those who loved him.
Yes his struggle with addiction was actually many years before I joined here. When I joined here I was at my bottom I guess, did not know where to turn was so sick and tired of being sick and tired. But I learned and gained alot of tools in my own recovery coming here. I went to many alanon and naranon meetings but this place is what gave me strength to understand not only my addict but myself of my enabling and my codependancy,
Old 04-30-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that this has happened. When I lost my exABF - it was bittersweet for no one knew better than I, that he was no longer suffering with the beast. Hugs for you and strength to get thru the coming days. I am so very sorry.
Joie