Help... Thailand rehabs

Old 03-05-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help... Thailand rehabs

My partner is addicted to ice. He started off using it every now and then for a good time - I even did it with him a couple of times but now he seems to need it constantly. He's lying, cheating and will easily disappear for a few days. We have a 3 year old son and a new born and I've thought about leaving everyday. The problem is I love him and I know deep down he's a good man. I'm scared if I leave there will be no one there to pull him back.
He says he wants to stop he just doesn't know how. I've been looking at rehabs in Thailand and wanted to know if anyone has any experiences or tips that they could share with me please.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are able to, leave and go as far away as you can. Safely. He is unlikely to follow you. His addiction has taken over. Document his behavior, record if necessary (without his knowledge, for your use only).
Old 03-05-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Help... Thailand rehabs

Tell him to find a rehab. Sobriety works best if we find it for ourselves.

Can you find an online or in person Al Anon or Naranon? Take care of you and those babies!!

We have a friends and family forum here: Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-05-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply. He's agreed to speak with a counsellor from hope rehab. So hopefully he will like what they have to say. He says he know he needs help. Before he started using he was the best father and partner, he was my best friend. As much as he has hurt me the last couple of years I'm not ready to give up on him. My older brother was addicted to herion for years - living on the streets, stealing. But he has been clean now for 10 years... I know it's possible to to turn your life around I think you just need your loved ones to stand by you. Here's to hoping anyway.
Thanks for listening it feels good to talk to people about this.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Over, Welcome to SR. I am so glad you found us. Also I am so sorry for what you are going through.

If you have a brother who was an addict you probably know a bit about how it works. From what I know of heroin, your brother is unusual. I do hope your husband is as equally successful at becoming sober however it is important to develop a plan for yourself and as is often said here "Hope is not a plan."

No matter what, do everything you can to take care of yourself and your children. Educate yourself about being in a relationship with an addict, read the stickies on this forum, and find an Alanon meeting.