needed clothes now passed out

Old 02-17-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

needed clothes now passed out

So my son asks if he could come and grab some clothes. And then sits and passes out on chair. Says he's tired but I know he's high. Now I had to ask him to leave again. I don't have a drug test and now I gotta wake him up go on my gut and make him leave. I hate deugs
Old 02-17-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain. It's so hard to be around them in active addiction.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many, many hugs to you.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having to go through this Hugs and prayers to you xo
Old 02-18-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bellamiaa View Post
I'm sorry you're having to go through this Hugs and prayers to you xo

I'm trying to stick to my boundaries. Hecwont work his program didn't reach out to anyone since relapse. I had to ask him to leave again. My god. So hard. He said he has no where to go. But I know my house isn't healthy either. It's a huge safety net. He sis it doe 11 months on his own. Someone tell me I'm not giving up for one relapse. I hear so many mom's on here taking them back in over and over again. I know I gotta protect my younger one. But it still hurts so much
Old 02-18-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If he had come home to pick up clothes to go to rehab, or to get the number for any number of places that could help him, I might hesitate.

Your son put himself out when he chose to use drugs.

As the mama of a son who also chose drugs, I get through my days by saying a prayer for my son and asking God to do for him what I cannot.

Bringing addiction into your home is not the solution. But maybe if he gets uncomfortable enough, he will seek the solution from the places that offer real help.

I know how much this hurts.

Big hugs from my heart to yours.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
If he had come home to pick up clothes to go to rehab, or to get the number for any number of places that could help him, I might hesitate.

Your son put himself out when he chose to use drugs.

As the mama of a son who also chose drugs, I get through my days by saying a prayer for my son and asking God to do for him what I cannot.

Bringing addiction into your home is not the solution. But maybe if he gets uncomfortable enough, he will seek the solution from the places that offer real help.

I know how much this hurts.

Big hugs from my heart to yours.
Ann thanks so much. I do want God to help and hope my son can open his heart. I know being the young age of 22 he thinks he doesn't need the support anymore. but he relapsed maybe he doesn't need to go back to rehab but when he didn't call anyone go to a meeting or anthing to do with the program. I got so annoyed. Crazy codependent coming out of me. I know im not in the drivers seat anymore and I know the tough love of saying you have to go had to happen. Then he told me he has no where to go I told him I love him but this house is not good for him. He needs to find his on path back and in the world. He stayed in house all day could have made calls could have been to meeting It enough I have to stick to the boundaries I know it. Thanks for responding to me it always makes me feel like im not alone. I know he has the tools to do what it takes He has done it alone for the last 11 months.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It really is hard, it's not what mama's do, turning their kids out. But when addiction is active, taking them in just brings the problem into your safe zone, your place of peace and turns your home into a war zone, that's how it was with my son.

They have other options, good options, that are there when they are ready to make the move to get sober. They need to make the move for themselves, not to appease us or to gain entrance to our homes, but for their own health and mental stability.

Today when I say a prayer for my son, I will add a special prayer for your son too and for all the sons and daughters here. I believe that God loves ALL his children, even the sick and addicted.

I hope you find some peace today, or something that makes your heart smile.

Hugs
Old 02-19-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Again, the journey is theirs to walk. IF your son wants to recover and he asks for that help, that is the time that your "help" should be available. Him living with you and not facing the consequences of using will only delay that option for recovery. I am so honest with JJ that our home was his downfall every time he came in. I will also add your son to my prayers. Hugs, it is very hard
TT
Old 02-19-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well fast forward to my son deciding on his own that coming home and back to this area did not serve him well. He is searching for help again in a sober community where he just lived in another state for 11 months Hes doing it and not me Im scared and happy for him realizing this was not the right direction and he is the one getting the help for him.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by again2016 View Post
But it still hurts so much
Of course it does.

If it helps, I was at the brink of stepping outside of my boundaries when confronted by (former or still active user?) adult son (irrational behavior and unreasonable requests) recently but was able to stay focused and also practiced some of what I've learned here at SR to keep me on track. Though depressed, I was relieved I chose that path.

Good luck from another mama who cares.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by again2016 View Post
Im scared and happy for him realizing this was not the right direction and he is the one getting the help for him.
Good news Prayers for your son.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
Good news Prayers for your son.
Prayers to you and good job on practicing what you have learned this site was my life line for years and continues to be.