This too shall pass

Old 02-03-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This too shall pass

Hello All,

Its been a while since I last posted on been on here ( almost 2 years). But during that time a lot has happened. All good things. I graduated college with higher than 3.0 GPA. Paid off all my bills around $25,000 and had a beautiful baby boy who is almost 2.

If anyone had told me that I would be this happy and at peace 3 years ago I would have thought they were crazy. I did therapy for a bit and finally found peace with being by myself and of all that happened in the past, I learnt to forgive myself and the people that hurt me.

I want those who are new and going through hurt and pain now to know that you will survive this and you'll be a stronger much healthier person. Don't let the present pain determine your future.

I love where I am in my life now. It was not easy nor did it come overnight but take it one day at a time and know tomorrow will be a better day. I found the love of my life when I had my son and I am focused on him and me. I have not gotten back to dating as I am not ready yet and that's all good with me. I know I will be able to trust and love again in time.

I want to say a big to all the members that give me advice and told me I will get over this.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

An inspiring triumph of the human spirit.

All your lives you will get messages,
overt and covert, describing things you
cannot do, things you cannot have and
things you cannot be.

Do your old pal Vale a favor......

and tell them all to get stuffed.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is great encouragement. Thank you. Perhaps a name change from "broken" to "healed" is in order. 😊
Old 02-03-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I was thinking the same as Hope, Broken no longer describes you.

You are absolutely amazing, overcoming huge obstacles and finishing school, paying off debt and moving forward with your life.

Please give your darling baby and big hug from his Auntie Ann, and tell him how proud I am of his mama.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow Broken101 (aka Healed101), thank you so much for coming back and posting this. It is wonderful to hear and congratulations on your wonderful baby boy!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello! Congrats on all of these wonderful things happening in your life. Thank you for the update, it's great to hear!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kinds words and the much appreciated love. Thanks Ann, I will do just that, I am so very grateful for my family here on SR.

And yes I think its time for my name change.