Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Please pray for a friend of mine....afraid he will turn back to using again

Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got the word from his brother that my friend and his girlfriend had recently broken up. My friend isn't too happy about the breakup. They had been in a relationship the last few months since he was let out of prison. Far as I know, he had been staying clean and was happy being with her. I don't really know the details other than my theory is the girlfriend used him as a rebound in getting over her ex.

He was with this same woman several years back and they broke up due to his drug use that got worse and led him into run-ins with the law. No clue as to why she dumped him soon after taking him back if he has been staying clean.

I haven't talked to him much since they got back together. Now they have broken up, should I offer any words of support?
Old 01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Difficult because you havent kept in contact recently. He will assume people are talking? Or did he put it on FB or something for friends to know?

In general. I think its always good to offer comfort, support, encouragement to a friend.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnonWife View Post
Difficult because you havent kept in contact recently. He will assume people are talking? Or did he put it on FB or something for friends to know?

In general. I think its always good to offer comfort, support, encouragement to a friend.
we kept in contact in limited amounts. He e-mailed me and that's how I found out they weren't together anymore