a story: surrounded by drugs but not a user....strange feelings

Old 01-24-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a story: surrounded by drugs but not a user....strange feelings

i want to share a story. last night i was at my friends house. there are about 5 people aged 20-22. we have been snowed in together since thursday 1/21...it is now sunday 1/24

lots of food drink and movies ....very good times.

no one here has a substance abuse problem. i have never been very fond of drugs or alcohol, and became especially distant from them when i started to fall in love with the addict in my life. i've never used drugs and don't plan to.

we have become dry of alcohol, and last night everyone except me started snorting molly, promethazine, and oxy.....i was just staring at everyone while they were doing this, and became really really sad. it pained me to watch this, because of what i have been through with the heroin addict in my life.

it was actually a really great time, we played Taboo, shared a lot of feelings and emotions and watched a movie afterward. it was so emotional and we were even crying. my friends were sobbing to me about how i deserve someone who can love me back and not use me etc. it was heartfelt. even though i was sober i felt what they felt. it was this crazy energy and i felt them....

none of them have a drug problem it was just a fun time. but i still felt reserved. my friends know what i have been through and respect me for not caving in and using with them. its just not my style. i would never feel comfortable using especially after everything my RAF and i have been through.

i dont know. i shouldnt have been in that environment, but i think the codependent side of me always wants to understand and empathize. is this a form of self loathe?

i am still pretty emotional about this.
its very interesting to know that some people can take a few snorts and not lose it/abuse it/become addicted and others cannot...some like myself will never pick it up in the first place...we are all so different.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We are all so very different yet similar.

We each have our own journey and decisions to make regardless about what we want to do with our life and how we will treat it...

I have always been careful of who I surround myself with...I am not afraid of walking away from friendships. Some friends are forever and others are here for a short time...all for a purpose.

It's ok to empathize but to put yourself at risk and sacrifice your safety; love; and peace is another. You can empathize from a distance. I know...I am a fellow empathizer!!
Old 01-24-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What you just described scares the heck out of me. My 2 kids just relapsed and it started with old friends and a little pot. Several months later, I have crack or something dripping down the insides of my vehicle. Just noticed that tonight. Until I kicked my kids out, I couldn't even handle having alcohol in the house. However, there was a time where I was drinking too much, recognized and quit. I know plenty of adults who smoke pot and are successful. So much depends on the person and yes, we are all very different. Bless you and Thank you for your post.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...we have become dry of alcohol, and last night everyone except me started snorting molly, promethazine, and oxy......none of them have a drug problem it was just a fun time
Not yet. Heroin addiction has become epidemic, it began when the price of oxy went up.

Sweetie, healthy people don't snort anything. It would bother me too, enough that I would probably find new friends and pray for those I left behind.

Hugs
Old 01-25-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"No one here has a substance abuse problem."

But when the alcohol ran out, they had oxy, molly, and pro whatever (new to me) on hand?

If the response to an incoming snowstorm is to stock up on illegal and highly addictive drugs, your friends have a substance abuse problem.

Please be careful and mindful of your safety...that is a potentially really scary situation.