Need advice after husband's suicide

Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Went back to work Tuesday. Very tiring but good to back with my work family. Made an appointment with my family doctor for a referral to psychiatrist so I can talk this through with someone who"understands".

I used to think I was the only one going through this until this forum and since this tragedy, it seems everyone has an experience and wants to help. Thank you all.

New beginnings, pamper yourself, stay strong!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry I missed this too & I;m sorry for your loss...but I'm glad you're with us GCousino

D
Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

The American Foundation for Suicide prevention also offers support and resources for those who have lost a loved one to suicide. Their support page includedsinformation on support groups and how to find a therapist. You may find that information helpful as well.

AFSP - Find Support

I'm glad you were able to go back to work and be with people who care about you there as well. Whatever works for you is helpful.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i send my condolences.

this is all one of our biggest fears. the best thing i can advise is to really prioritize your emotions and determine what is best for YOU. uou wouldnt want to regret the decision. i dont think this is an answer you can deter from this community, because it is such a personal decision. but put it this way.....separate the addict from the person. yes he was a user, but he was so much more than that. there is a small part of him that you loved maybe not the addiction but you loved him. and as he lays in that casket remember that he was a human being deserving of love life and support. not his addiction...but him. and then go back to prioritizing your emotions. we support the decision you make! take care