AW in court today

Old 12-22-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AW in court today

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I left my AW back in late July, and things have really turned a corner for me since then. I have my own apartment and I love it, and it's been great to be in control of my life, my finances, and my time once again, without constant drama and crisis surrounding me at every turn. I've even started dating a really nice girl... I'm taking it slow, but it's nice to have a relationship that actually seems to go two directions for a change.

I haven't finalized the divorce yet, and I've been trying to keep a friendly relationship with the AW... not specifically for her benefit (although I stubbornly hold a candle for her that will probably never be quenched), but for her daughter. My stepdaughter is in 4th grade and is a wonderful kid, and I've been taking her out to dinner once a month to catch up and talk with her. I don't want this divorce to mess her up, and I don't want her to think it has anything to do with her. I got her a nice box of Christmas presents the other day.

My AW was in court today. She was caught shoplifting while she was already on probation for a previous shoplifting charge, and now she has to answer for it. Both of these arrests came during our relationship, and I remember breaking my neck trying to help her get out of trouble for it. I realize now that I was enabling, but I didn't want my stepdaughter to be without her mom.

Anyways, today is really hard for me. I'm worried she'll get put straight into prison and won't be able to spend the holiday with her daughter. I don't have money to bail her out, and even if I did, I'm not sure that's the right move either. So for now I'm just sitting here, waiting to here that she's ok, and it's quickly bringing me back to the days when I used to wreck myself worrying over her all of the time. It's amazing how easy it is to get sucked back into that cycle, even when you think you're out of it.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, but it just helps to share this stuff sometimes.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey stranger, good to hear from you!

total armchair QB here, but i don't think she'll get PRISON time for shoplifting.

does someone else have care of your step-daughter? maybe a call just to say hello to HER might be nice during this time of upheaval?
Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My stepdaughter is with her dad today... she doesn't know about the court date or the arrest or anything like that, so she's going to be OK. I just got a call from my wife saying that she got community service and a fine. The max penalty was three years (one for each count of probation violation), so this is good news.

She sounded so small when I talked to her on the phone... she was crying and said she missed me, and it was heartbreaking. I hate heroin so much!!!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She sounded so small when I talked to her on the phone... she was crying and said she missed me, and it was heartbreaking. I hate heroin so much!!!
My heart hurts for you . My H is leaving for treatment in 4 days AND he still has a court date that has not been set for when he was arrested back in April for possession of meth . IDK when it will be or what will happen, but your story may be a glimpse of what we may have to face. I hope things get better for you. How are you dealing with your feelings when you hear your wife crying?????? Just asking because I may also need skills you are using.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No idea, unfortunately. I just keep trying to remember the bad times and how I can't let myself go back there again. Its not easy.