Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

recovering alcoholic husband wants peace with addict daughter I need boundaries:(

recovering alcoholic husband wants peace with addict daughter I need boundaries:(

Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Visa bill or a roof over her head, let her choose which she wants. It's time to turn her over to God.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes I agree! Had another long day of texting cause she won't communicate any other way.i was asking her to consider rehab and again says I'm stupid for thinking she does coke... Then admits to having a problem with alcohol and pills. I say go for that then and she says she can't live without them...I tell her that's not uncommon for addicts to feel that way but there will be Drs to help you with those feelings.
She then says she can never live without her anxiety meds... I just kept saying call them find out about it keep an open mind...ended her swearing at me.
She then came home and helped out around the house says she felt guilty for always taking and never giving.....
I stand my ground with hubby about her moving out he says he still thinks it will make it worse...
He's Add ament it will as she was gone before for 2 years and it made things worse...
I think they both went to a meeting at the church tonight...as he's been saying he's going to say she has too if she wants to live at home.
I use to get my hopes up when this happened...not anymore...and I use to be the positive one
Old 12-17-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.