What do you guys think.....

Old 12-07-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you guys think.....

Okay my heroin/oxy addicted spouse just got out of rehab (two weeks tomorrow) he was not released on suboxone per his request. He got off of them shortly before he came home. Now he is showing signs of using again since his second day home. Being gone hours (always supposedly at meetings and the gym), pinned eyes, and just the mannerisms of being high ... Chain smoking cigarettes, always texting, never seeming in the moment or present. His whole family and I got together yesterday and called him out, he said he was taking suboxone from time to time but not consistently for fear of getting addicted. Today he came home again looking not right, I approached the subject and agin he insists he is on a "sub" that he got from his friend.............. Is this possible? Can suboxone make your eyes pinned and give you the same mannerisms of being high??? Or do you call BS and say he's on his drug of choice?? Is he using the suboxone as an excuse to calm us down but really he's still using his doc?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My ex husband took subs as prescribed for a short period and although they did give him pinpoint pupils, his behavior was nothing like when he was eating pills. Personally, I liked him a lot when he was taking subs. It was huge improvement.

Trust your gut! You already know he truth. I am sorry, I know how much it hurts!

PS. My ex went off of subs very fast, way too fast and had the worst withdrawals I have ever seen! Sadly, his solution was to go buy pills and it started all over again.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter never had pinned eyes on subs.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Nelly...

All I'm going to say is you do not need permission to do what is best for you. Think about what that is, and follow through.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what does YOU gut tell you?

then go with that.

SEE what you SEE. don't listen to his words, observe his ACTIONS.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You may not ever know the truth of what he is or isn't doing.

But you DO know your truth -- and if I am reading your post right, your truth is that this relationship with this person is not making you happy, right now.

I am not sure if it matters if he is using or not using, on subs or not -- what he isn't, for sure, for you, is any different than when you knew he was using.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

re: suboxone and pin point pupils:

suboxone constrict pupils? - Addiction Survivors Peer-Support Forum

From what I have read, it will cause very small pupils but not as pin point as heroin would cause.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sub can definitely LOOK like you are high on opiates because it can have similar effects if you are abusing it (a.k.a. taking it without a script or taking WAY more than prescribed). There are plenty of people out there who abuse sub (snort or shoot it). I would ask even if he is not abusing opiates is this okay with you? He made it a whole 2 days before he was back abusing drugs again. It doesn't bode well for the future and even if it is just sub today (which can be every bit as addictive if not taken properly) what will tomorrow bring? If he were at all serious about sobriety he wouldn't be sneaking around and lying. I too am an opiate addict (with 3 1/2 years clean and sober) and know the game very well. Sounds like bad bad news to me.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, Marcus I really appreciate your input. Your right, why make excuses for his behavior when If he was truly serious...... I wouldn't still feel all the stress that I did when he was actively using (not that when really matters, more like is still really using) oh the crazy roller coaster continues... What next?