Ex AH Continues to Trash Talk Me and I'm Venting

Old 12-07-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex AH Continues to Trash Talk Me and I'm Venting

Dear SR family,

I write sporadically these days since, as I continue to heal, I am not going back in my mind to the events of a past life I had with a drug abuser. I am happy, spiritually fulfilled, and moving forward with a different life.

My ex- AH is currently living with my boyfriend's ex-wife. She and he hooked up after I left him, I guess through social media or whatever. I have broken off every tie from my ex-H with the exception of the fact that this girl is living with and dating him, celebrating holidays, and has become a family friend.

What I know, based on her involvement with him, is that he is dragging my name through the mud, claiming I'm an alcoholic and promiscuous - who knows what all he is spreading around about me. The thing that bothers me is to know that I was so loyal, compassionate, and generous to someone who would turn around and completely BASH my name to anyone who crosses his path. It hurts to know that all the time I spent trying to support him has come down to his spread of me being a "drunk and a *****."

I know others have had similar experiences so I welcome any consolation to the feelings I had when I heard all this. I just felt so betrayed, I guess, all over again. It's like he will not go away, he still tries to control me through friends of friends of friends - making sure anything he says about me gets back to me.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
It's none of my business what others think of me.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have come so far YG. Anyone who knows him and knows you will decide what to believe and what not to believe. My X TRIES to trash me. I thought people believed him. It took a while to realize people see through his BS. Just b/c it comes out of his mouth does not make it so, and believe me, people know it. Just continue to do your best being you, and don't worry about what he is saying.

Many hugs!
Old 12-07-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Don't listen, don't engage. Hold your head high and know in your own heart the person you are. What others think or say means nothing.