Guess I'm finally done

Old 10-30-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guess I'm finally done

I've held out hope as long as I've possibly can (over 5 yrs.) but I finally have come to the realization , this roller coaster my son is on, called heroin, will never end. I can't do it anymore. I need to save myself and move on. So sad but so true. I just need to vent - thank you for allowing me to do that.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Start taking care of yourself, a lot of good care of yourself. Sorry that you are here, but this is a good step in a bad situation. I'm sure it's way more difficult with a child than a spouse, but you know more support will be posting soon!
Old 10-31-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Letting go is one of the most loving things we mama's can do, allowing our children the dignity to find their own way and make their own decisions, good or bad.

We don't love them less when we let go, we love them more.

What helps me is to give my son's care to God every morning and then live my day knowing He can do for my son what I cannot.

Hugs from this mama's heart to yours.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Allthatsgood, I am in the very same spot as you in with my son and his addiction to heroin. I totally understand. Let's be strong together! I have to follow through on what I said I am going to do if he doesn't comply with our family's conditions. It's so hard for parents to let go of their children. It makes me so sad. I send you a great big hug and know that you are not alone.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
We don't love them less when we let go, we love them more.
It may seem counterintuitive, but what Ann said is true--we have to love them more to let them go. That said, it is not easy, and I am sorry you find yourself in this tormenting situation. Letting go and detaching from the outcome doesn't mean you aren't loving and concerned. It just means you aren't willing to go down with their ship, or go on their roller coaster...or whatever metaphor best fits!

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for peace and insight. Take good care, Momma! We are here for you.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ditto to Ann and GardenMama's posts above.

I am sorry for your pain and broken mama's heart. I applaud you for finding the strength to start the journey to face moving on and setting boundaries; we walk with you and understand.

Lots of hugs and support for you!