Intuition and Letting Life Happen

Old 10-30-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Intuition and Letting Life Happen

Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.
—Florence Scovel Shinn

Should we make this move? Should we change jobs? Should we talk to others about our feelings? We are seldom short on prayers when we're filled with fear and indecision. We are, however, short on answers. Our worries block them out.

No prayer ever goes unanswered. Of this we can be certain. On the other hand, the answer may not be what we'd hoped for. In fact, we may not recognize it as the answer because we are expecting something quite different. It takes willingness on our part to be free of our preconceptions - free to accept whatever answers are offered.

Our answers come unexpectedly, a chance meeting on the street, a passage in a book or newspaper, a nagging feeling within. God speaks to each of us throughout the day. Our prayers are answered, our problems find solutions, and our worries are eased, if we but attune ourselves to the messages. They are all around.

I will be attentive to all the signs from God today. Whatever answer I seek is finding its way to me.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey © 1982, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The most enlightening moments of my life have come when I was able to take pause, take quiet time to listen to my spirit or ask God to lead me when I didn't know what to do or where to go. Sometimes I knew what I must do but didn't want to do it, or felt I didn't have the courage...that's when I ask for help too.

Taking time to breath, to ask and turn the answer over to God, the universe, life...all helps lighten the load and bring peace.

When my mind is scrambled, searching for answers and filled with fear, panic, uncertainty, anger, sadness...these are the times I need to get grounded and find my peace before the chaos takes over.

Find your peace today, take your quiet time, at home, in nature, looking at the stars at night...anywhere you can pause and take time to let your spirit speak to you. You may be surprised at the answers that come, not always right away, but soon and with certainty.

Hugs
Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is all wonderful and just what I needed today. Thank you Ann.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Without Ann this place would be just another website.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Vale, and all this time I thought it was you who was the shining light here.

CarringScared, glad you liked it. I try to find readings each day, to find ones that speak to me or remind me to stay diligent and not slip into sloppy old ways.

Hope you both listen to your spirit today, what comes will fill your heart with enlightenment and peace.

Hugs
Old 11-02-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

>>>>>>Awww, Vale, and all this time I thought it was you who was the shining light here. <<<<<<<<

You got our job titles mixed up. You spread the light,
I spread the manure. Somebody has to, no great ideas
ever germinated without proper fertilization.

Vale. On the brown side of the circle of life
(and damned proud of it!)(which one of you
smirking lightweights can move 87 tons!?)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Vale View Post

Vale. On the brown side of the circle of life
(and damned proud of it!)(which one of you
smirking lightweights can move 87 tons!?)
Smirking lightweights?

Call in the backhoes!