Breaking Up Is Hard to do

Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breaking Up Is Hard to do

Hey guys! I just would like some words of encouragement. Last night i broke up with my bf who was hooked on heroin. Although he was clean at the moment, his mental was extremely off and he was swinging the options so much of using again that he was checking in to rehab. I went through a relapse already and it was the hardest thing to do and to watch my love go through that killed me. I want to be there, but the anxiety and what ifs were killing me. It wasn't healthy and I was not happy. I know it's going to be a long road and he probably hates me for hurting him... He needs to get better without the burden of a relationship he needs to get better without worrying about anyone but himself. He needs to love himself again before he can love me. Maybe in time we can try again, but for now and my sanity, I think I made the right choice. As samantha jones said "I love you, but I love me more."
Old 10-29-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First off, I love that you included the Samantha Jones quote at the end. My kind of lady!

I was exactly where you are 3 months ago. It is so difficult to end things period, but to end things when you still love (or are in love) with someone is even more painful...but here's the good news-it gets better. I can say that I am genuinely happy 90% of the time and that's because I walked away after another relapse. You can read some of my old posts/threads for the whole story.

I promise it gets easier. Stay strong, work on yourself, stay busy.

Hugs.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am in the position of preparing to break up with my bf and father of my son. I love him dearly hut his problem is too big for me to handle and try to raise a happy family together. I have to think about my son. Coming to this decision has been very difficult for me but I know it is the right thing to do. You are right it is important to love yourself. I caught myself caring more about him and his problems than my own. It will be hard to watch your ex go through his trials but he needs to do that and overcome them in his own way otherwise you can never be certain that he won't go back to his old ways. The waiting can some times be the hardest part but stand tall knowing that you did what you had to and I wish you luck. Keep your chin up