OT: Personal Stuff

Old 10-13-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't believe in fairlytale romantic love. Ultimately, what I would want one of these days is someone who respects me and stands by me when I need her to. And vice versa.
That IS romantic love, Zoso, so is wearing ear plugs when your partner snores or fetching soup when the other has the flu.

My mother's best friend, Mae, used to say "If you can love a man when he has the flu, you can love that man forever."

Meaning, if you can love someone even on their worst days, then it's probably lasting. Mae knew nothing of addiction and that's not what she meant anyway. Love is a comfort zone where you can just be yourself and your partner still thinks you're the most wonderful person in the world. I married a man like that and 46 years later I even let him have the remote...most days anyway.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hi Zoso, so sorry to read about your mother and your wrist.

I completely understand how you feel on the relationship issue! I know I have built up walls. I am not sure if or when those walls will ever come down. So.....I am counting on you to show me the way!! No pressure or anything! Did I mention that I really loved being married. Oh wait, no pressure!!
Old 10-24-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Just an update...

I did not get the position I interviewed for. But I did knock the socks off the interview team. The person they hired for the position was not as technical as me, but they had broader experience with respect to system engineering, product life cycle, etc. The good news is the company wants me to apply for a position within that same part of the business so that they can bring me onboard and bring me up to speed.

The lesson learned: nothing ventured, nothing gained. I didn't get the job, but something good came out of the process...