Outside looking in...

Old 09-12-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Outside looking in...

I have not posted in awhile. Things are somewhat calm here. The reason for my post is heartache for a family I do not even know. Back in January, there was a post that came up on my news feed that one of my "Facebook friends" was tagged in. It was a pic of a young muscular man about 25 and he posted a pic of himself and said that he was proud of himself and that he had been sober/clean for 6 months and had not missed a day in the gym. He said that it had been 6 months since he had any mind/mood altering substances in his body and he felt great. I requested him as a friend and told him that it was great to see that he is on the right path and that I would pray for him.
Well, last night I went on Facebook and there were pics of this young man with condolences attached and his obituary posted. It literally broke my heart. After reading the many posts from his college friends, it seems as though he had relapsed and died of an overdose. The daughter of my children's past babysitter knew this young man and said he was the greatest guy and excelled in his field. This young man coached youth and motivated them to excel in their sports.

It has to be heartbreaking for the family. Too think that just this past January he posted the pic of himself clean and now 9 months later he is gone. It seems so unfair.

I feel like the ride some of us are on will never really end until our loved one is gone. For now, my son seems okay. I fear though for the next day,month, year, etc. Yes, I know Let Go and Let God. It is hard sometimes.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is devastating. There has been a lot of local coverage where I live on heroin. Some group has put up billboards.

Peace in your heart Hummingbird. What are you doing for you during this lull?
Old 09-13-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I spent 3 years learning to say goodbye to my ABF. Never dreaming that it would be a reality. It isn't just the fentanyl, it's combining drug combinations - speedballing - it's all of the other ingredients that accumulate in the bloodstream - arteries - that eventually cause an embolism. It isn't always an overdose. That time bomb goes off when things stop working. Corn starch, flour, talcum powder, etc.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CodeJob.... what am I doing for myself during this lull.... well, I have been working more. I have been counting the days until my son turns 21 and it is getting close. I know I need to let go. I plan on telling him that whatever he does, the consequences will be his alone. We will not pay any fines, tickets, car repairs, etc. I will not help him with his upcoming move once he graduates college to another state. I am scared. I know he drinks on occasion now and has been handling it okay. I am scared to tell him that I smell it on him for fear that he will turn to the vodka again which has no smell. He drank that I am aware of 2 different weekends in the past 6 weeks. Both times I didn't notice anything with his demeanor just the smell on his breath.

I had been going to Alanon but then missed a few times with my daughter being home. I plan to go back.