Wondering if this is how AH felt

Old 09-06-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Wondering if this is how AH felt

So AH has been gone for a few weeks and mom is driving me crazy ( I believe she has early signs of dementia) She can't find her purse and accusing everyone of stealing it except the dog. I go through this every day. I just walked out the house. I don't want to say anything to hurt her feelings and besides she will forget out conversation.
Anyways so I made myself a drink and now i'm sitting here wondering if this is how AH felt about me before he left? I haven't talked to him since he left and now feeling like maybe I should to apologize. I don't know. I don't want to talk to him, I am feeling better that he is gone, but feel like I am having a double standard right now.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pia, addiction makes everyone crazy, it's hard to maintain our composure when active addiction lives in our house.

Please don't blame yourself, it's how it is for most of us. If you would feel better apologizing, then do so, but be prepared for him to see this as an opening to blame you or to try to woo his way back in. That sounds cold, but sadly, that's often the case. Perhaps your case will be different.

Special hugs today, and prayers for your mama and all of you.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The difference is he really was doing the things you were worried about--
even more than you ever knew.

I wouldn't contact him at all--let yourself heal
Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

Yesterday I was all over the place. I was feeling bad for wanting to do something I wanted. After thinking long and hard I remembered how he cheated and kept on before I found out with no remorse and other sly things he was doing behind my back. He is gone I found a way out and took it. I'm not contacting him. Thank you for the responses.