Do you know me?

Old 08-13-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Do you know me?

Do you know me?

I look like someone you used to know. You recongize my voice, but do you know me?

I will lie to you without blinking .. I will steal from you without a second thought ... I will con you out of whatever I deem I want or need from you and I am skilled in the art of manipulation and I know how to work you and get exactly what I want from you. I know all the buttons to push .. all the faces to make .. all the heart strings to pull ..right down to knowing just how to breath around you. Do you know me?

I will take and take and take some more .. as long as you are willing to give I will let you ... and I will do it in such a way that you will think you are offering .. I will have you insisting on helping me ... Thats how good of a con I am. Do you know me?

I am your husband, your son, your wife, your daughter, your mother, your father, your aunt, your uncle, your best friend .. I come in all colors, races and creeds .. I am rich, middle class, poor and homeless .. (different faces in different phases) all headed in the same direction. Do you know me?

Seen at my best .. my worst is yet to come. I'm on top of the world (at least in my world I am) Do you know me?

One minute I will smile in your face and the next I'll verbally cut your heart out. Do you know me?

I am very creative and can condure up elborate stories that will blow you away. I should be a star .. I could win the award for best actress/actor of the year .. year after year.... Do you know me?

I can make you love or hate me in an instant and then take you from hating me to loving me in less time then that. Do you know me?

You will threaten me, throw me out and take me back so many times that you won't know whether you are coming or going. Do you know me?

I can stay gone for hours, days, weeks, months at a time .. and walk back in like I've been home all along ... Do you know me?

I will drain you financially, emotionally, mentally, physically and even spiritually .. yet you love me. Do you know me?

Let me introduce myself....

I am your addict.

You may not know me, but I know you.

Passion
Recovering addict
02-24-2008
Ink of my heart - Recovery writings & poems

If you have Facebook and would like to read more of my writings
Click the link below and like the page to get updates.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106784886339242
Old 08-13-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I am your addict.

You may not know me, but I know you."

================================
Not anymore (Thank God!)
Old 08-14-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

yes i know you - you are my son.....

i don't think that anyone who hasn't gone through these things with a loved one who is an addict can really understand... i truly wish the message here could reach loved ones before they go through the experiences but i don't know if that's possible.

i recognize it all, and then some, because i have lived it and i still fall for bs if i'm not vigilant - hope leads me into denial at times. yes he's in recovery but he has years of these behaviors to acknowledge and let go of so how can i trust that he's not looking me in the eye and lying?

and i so want him to be the trust worthy, caring person i know he is meant to be. yet i have been irrevocably changed by living this and i know he must be too.

Passion, this is very disturbing and thought provoking and i think necessary for my growth in recovery - thank you. i still carry shame for my part in these behaviors and shame for my son's actions that contemplating this reading has brought to light.

stay strong sweet lady and thanks for sharing!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good poem. Thanks for sharing. I know you but I'm not as dumb as you think. Love is blind
Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by elissa1962 View Post
Good poem. Thanks for sharing. I know you but I'm not as dumb as you think. Love is blind

Your reply made me smile.
Indeed love is blind

Hugs
Passion
Old 08-14-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

powerful and so true. I lived this for 5 long years with my son. I now hope and pray that I see his actions not his words. He is in recovery now, and its like night and day. I just pray if he relapses, i dont overlook everything you listed above because addiction looks like addiction.
Thank you Nyte
T
Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the share.

Sadly, it rings a bell.