Oddly Relieved

Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oddly Relieved

Hi All - I haven't been around in a long time but not much has changed. The usual highs and lows. Now we are at our all-time low.

My husband got out of rehab a couple of months or so ago and has relapsed - and of course, worse than all the times before.

He has been arrested for the second time in about a month and because he was out on bail (it wasn't me who bailed him out) he is for sure staying behind bars for a little while.

Today is our wedding anniversary and I am relieved his is in jail. Strange how our twisted lives manifest to this isn't it?

We haven't lived together since he left rehab (except for about a week he stayed with me while waiting for the next place to live) but he still held on tight from a distance. But today I am relieved; today I am free.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Edge, I am sorry rehab didn't stick with him but at least he has some good recovery tools if and when he is ready.

He may not have changed but you have, hang on to that and keep taking care of yourself.

Hugs
Old 08-05-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Edge,

I'm sorry he didn't manage a long term recovery. It is your anniversary. A tough day. It's OK to be relieved he's in jail. Peace in your heart as you work on you.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You must be hurting, especially on a day like an anniversary. & for that, I am sorry. Be gentle with yourself...the let down never gets easier.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am hoping jail time is the "bottom" he needs. But I don't think our marriage will ever be salvageable again. I just hope he gets the peace is needs in his life.

Today is a new day!