How do I say no?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elissa1962 View Post
You already admitted to trying it with him and didn't get "hooked." I am telling you, you will get hooked. Its inevitable.
That is a scientific fact. You may not become a drug addicted prostitute to feed your habit, but at the very least you'll become dependent and you'll develop extra opiate receptors in your central nervous system that will never go away. Those receptors will demand more opiates every time you take them, even when it's medically necessary.

Your bf has those extra receptors now because he's flooded his central nervous system too many times. No one knows when they cross the line until it happens and then there's no going back. Not ever.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For starters, I would just like to thank everyone for their advice. It sucks that so many of you have been through this but I'm happy you're using it to help others. But in other news, some progress has been made in me and my boyfriend.

First off, I was able to deny him money successfully. Yesterday he practically begged me for a solid five minutes to borrow 5 bucks so he could throw down on a gram of pot with his brother. After telling him no several times, he decided to go home. But before he left I told him to please not be mad at me and he said that he wasn't, he understands and that I shouldn't have to give him money all the time. He never held a grudge about that and hasn't asked for money since.

Secondly, hes been talking a lot about wanting to stop. He's been saying that he wishes he wasnt like this and how he needs and wants to be a good kid. Yesterday was the last time he used and he hasn't used at all today and doesn't plan on it for hopefully the nexy 5 days it takes to get out of your system. He's terrified for the withdrawals, so I helped him pay for some over the counter diarrhea medicine and grapefruit juice which is a recipie he found online that's supposed to help with the withdrawals.

We are both making progress which I didn't expect to happen so soon. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!
Old 08-09-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh if I had a dime for every time I heard "I want to quit, I need to quit, I don't like using, I'm quitting, I'm afraid of withdrawal ... "

Facts are: if he wanted to quit, he would have

And detoxing at home - well, I'm fairly sure I haven't read a story where it was realistic nor did it work. I know it didn't for my ExABF.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Keep in mind all this breakthrough optimism happened yesterday and since you're not giving him $ is probably the reason he's not using. Heroin is MAJOR. Please check back with us after 2-3 weeks to see if he's serious about wanting to come off being an A. What are his plans after high school? You mentioned college, does he have the same plans? If so, at the same college?
Old 08-09-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear One
please please run don't walk away from this one. Heroin is a mistress you don't want to share anyone with. It's also a heartbreaker, a bank-breaker, and an endless source of lies and deception. Been there and yes he is the love of my life. It's just so not worth it, and you are so worth it. Change schools if you have to! wishing you light and love...
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Sounds like you have made progress in sticking with your "NO"

although I too have heard the "i'm going to quit" words many times - it doesn't mean that it can't happen.

The world is full of miracles - they happen daily

But I also want to say that praying for miracles has not stopped me from also making healthy decisions for myself.

If you are not ready to walk away yet, (and that's just fine - we all walk our own journey), please try to keep yourself healthy - keeping in touch here, reading info on the disease of addiction & especially the books that touch on how loved ones are affected.

To walk this walk, you will need to be the strongest, healthiest person you can be.

wishing you both the very best!