Rubber Glove

Old 06-27-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rubber Glove

I found a rubber glove in my husband's glove box in his car. It had the index finger cut off. Both the glove and index finger of the glove were stuffed at the bottom of the glove box. What does this mean?
Old 06-27-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamaof3boyz View Post
I found a rubber glove in my husband's glove box in his car. It had the index finger cut off. Both the glove and index finger of the glove were stuffed at the bottom of the glove box. What does this mean?
It means you are spending tons of your energy watching his move. Stop and live your life! Don't drive yourself crazy by analyzing all these! Ask him if you want coz only he knows what it means. If you don't trust him, then it's better let go. I am not trying to be harsh but I have been there and it wasn't a nice experience. I figured eventually what I can do is move on and live my own life. I know it's difficult coz you two are married but I do believe everyone even married can have secrets. I strongly feel people should not lose themselves even in a committed and long term relationship.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Heroin finger.

Or

Is he planning on going to jail or rehab soon, or has he recently been to jail or rehab?
Old 06-27-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A heroin finger, or finger of heroin, is typically used as slang for an amount of heroin. While a finger is not an exact estimate, it is typically 5 to 7 grams. The term comes from tearing the finger off of a disposable rubber glove and filling it with heroin. The open end of the glove is then tied shut. Rubber balloons are also used. The benefit of a finger for a dealer is that they are not selling a set measurement so they can value the heroin much higher than what it might actually be worth.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My husband relapsed after 20 years in January. He got himself to a suboxone clinic and got clean and off suboxone pretty quick. Within 8 weeks. I've been sensing some behaviors and questioning if I'm crazy or paranoid. He makes a decent salary over 55, 000 and is always complaining about money. He has been charging some expenses on our credit card which is totally out of the norm. He also lied about being at work. He specifically called to tell me he WAS at work and it seemed very fishy. So I drove by and his car was sitting at our house. I called him again and he bold faced lied that he was working
I didn't say I knew he wasn't working. He was also sick last week. Fever, chills etc
His face broke out and he got a few cold sores on his lip, nose and eye. He didn't leave the bed for 5 days. Then i found the glove. He has also been very depressed saying he.wants to disappear. Soooooo, obviously I'm suspicious. Before I confront him I need proof he is using again otherwise he will just lie to me.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ruthhoney View Post
It means you are spending tons of your energy watching his move. Stop and live your life! Don't drive yourself crazy by analyzing all these! Ask him if you want coz only he knows what it means. If you don't trust him, then it's better let go. I am not trying to be harsh but I have been there and it wasn't a nice experience. I figured eventually what I can do is move on and live my own life. I know it's difficult coz you two are married but I do believe everyone even married can have secrets. I strongly feel people should not lose themselves even in a committed and long term relationship.
Do you have children? I'm not living just for myself. There are others involved that I need to protect. So when something feels off to me I have to wonder. It's not as simple when children are involved
Old 06-27-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Mama...go with your gut. You know he is lying to you about work and his spending is unusual. You don't need "proof" because he will still figure out a way to lie his way out of it. In your gut, you know.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

there is never 'proof'

if you sit in front of him while he uses, he will convince you that you didn't see it

If you found a glove and severed finger from the same glove in one of your sons possession - would you think they were using ?

Don't give your husband carte blanche. He has made a choice to keep going back to drugs. Watch over your children, they need you more. Do what's right for you but don't waste time looking for clues and visible proof. They are masters at deception.

Good luck to you and your boys
hugs
Joie
Old 06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wellhe has made several withdrawals from his bank account. 500 this morning. He ran out of the house right to the atm. I called him and told him to come home and I knew he was with his dealer. Of course he tried to lie his way out of it but then he admitted it. Says he wants to disappear and that I would be better off without him. I asked him to give me the rest of the dope but he said he used it all. I don't believe him. He says it is no this bad this time around and he won't need detox or anything. He isn't using as much as before. Thinks he can just start going to meetings and working the first step. I don't know if I should kick him out and tell him to go to rehab?? He thinks he can work and stay sober. What do I do?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"Isn't using as much as before" always seems to eventually lead back to using like he used to. We want to believe their words so badly, but I think down deep you probably don't believe him.