SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Sketchy coffee grinder-what to do with it?? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/370257-sketchy-coffee-grinder-what-do.html)

mnh1982 06-23-2015 02:52 PM

Sketchy coffee grinder-what to do with it??

This is a serious question even though it may be a dumb one:

My exAH recently brought me a coffee grinder he claims he got from his brother. I've used it several times-FOR COFFEE BEANS.

I just recently (a couple of days ago) noticed that every little crevice & cranny in the lid is covered in white powder residue. I have no way of knowing what it really is, but I'm sure it's either heroin residue, or the remains of other pills that have been ground up (possibly to make meth, but who knows.)

What the hell should I do with it? I don't want to just...wash it thoroughly & keep using it. Should I call the local drug enforcement unit & turn it (and exAH) in to them? Should I just get rid of it??

The idea of continuing to make my morning coffee with a contaminated grinder, let alone one my exAH gave me KNOWING it was sketchy & contaminated....

greeteachday 06-23-2015 06:14 PM

I'd just get rid of it. It sounds to me like no way you'd want to use it no matter how much you cleaned it, if you think it was used for sketchy things. As far as reporting it, you don't know anything, just have suspicions and it really isn't your worry. Sounds like a good treat for yourself is a new coffee grinder!

AnvilheadII 06-23-2015 08:34 PM

I would pitch anything I thought might taint my food.

GnikNus 06-23-2015 09:29 PM

I don't know, might give your morning coffee a little kick.

Melissa0067 06-24-2015 06:58 AM

For me it would depend, is it a good expensive coffee grinder? Can you forget and let go of where it came from and what it was possibly used for? If yes, then give it a good cleaning and keep it. If not, clean it and donate it somewhere so someone that can't afford one can make good use of it and go treat yourself to a nice one if its in the budget.

As far as turning it in somewhere, forget it. You could never prove who used it, where it came from etc. To me that's just taking it too far. One of the above options would be my advice.

atalose 06-24-2015 07:29 AM

Bad karma is bad karma - get rid of it.

hopeful4 06-24-2015 08:03 AM

Trash it......

Hope2014 06-24-2015 08:09 AM

Throw it out and keep moving!!! Don't buy trouble...it's not worth it.

Justincredible 06-24-2015 08:14 AM

Trash it.

Sungrl 06-24-2015 10:42 AM

Why is your x giving you a coffee grinder anyway? Just curious.

zoso77 06-24-2015 10:50 AM

Ditch it.

mnh1982 06-24-2015 11:37 AM

Sungrl, because he's not legally my ex yet, for one, & #2, because I had asked him over & over again to buy one for the house. Someone signed us up for a Coffee of the Month club which unfortunately only sends whole-bean coffee.
First-world problems, right? ;)

mnh1982 06-24-2015 11:38 AM

It's totally NOT expensive & therefore, as everyone has said, not really worth keeping. A new one (or replacement used one) would maybe cost $20. Out in the trash it goes.

Sungrl 06-24-2015 11:44 AM

Gotcha. Since you are not totally sure of its prior use, toss. :)

Vale 06-24-2015 01:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsSr3z5nVk

printer, coffee grinder.......you get the idea...........

This is the clean version (Vale is above all things a gentleman),
there are other,more colorful versions on youtube.

We look forward to seeing a coffee grinder in similar
straits...........taking things out on inanimate objects may
not solve anything------but no one can deny how good
it can feel!

mnh1982 06-24-2015 02:14 PM

Vale, AAAAHAHAHAHA!!! YES! Except it would not be anywhere near that epic...it's a tiny coffee grinder...

I love that movie, lol.

Vale 06-24-2015 08:49 PM

>>>>>>Except it would not be anywhere near that epic...it's a tiny coffee grinder...<<<<<<<

.....then go find some midgets and have THEM
obliterate the thing with tiny little souvenir bats.
We all look forward to your sub-epic on youtube!