she is getting out in the morning!!!!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

she is getting out in the morning!!!!

ok if you have seen my previous post you will know my wife is on heroin..i put her in inpatient treatment on Tuesday...well she called me a little while ago...she is getting out tomorrow!!! smdh apparently they didn't have beds for long term inpatient so they only gave her detox....im numb right now...she hasn't been in long enough for anything to have changed...she said we will talk tomorrow...but i know she has a night to go in her bag of lies..(and she has a big bag)...dont know what will happen tomorrow...
Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Rocstardj View Post
ok if you have seen my previous post you will know my wife is on heroin..i put her in inpatient treatment on Tuesday...well she called me a little while ago...she is getting out tomorrow!!! smdh apparently they didn't have beds for long term inpatient so they only gave her detox....im numb right now...she hasn't been in long enough for anything to have changed...she said we will talk tomorrow...but i know she has a night to go in her bag of lies..(and she has a big bag)...dont know what will happen tomorrow...
Well, what about the kids?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Well, what about the kids?
I'm moving already was planning it and I'm still doing it....she is on this lease so i can't stop her from coming back but i can leave...i already have custody of the kids...she is not allowed to be alone with them...so of course they are coming with me...
Old 06-13-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She may have already started with her big bag of lies. Did she tell you the thing about beds, or was it someone from the rehab?
It sounds like you have a solid plan to protect yourself and your kids. That's the only thing you can control. She's going to do what she's going to do. She could find herself a sober living arrangement and start going to meetings, but that seems unlikely based on her recent history.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
She may have already started with her big bag of lies. Did she tell you the thing about beds, or was it someone from the rehab?
It sounds like you have a solid plan to protect yourself and your kids. That's the only thing you can control. She's going to do what she's going to do. She could find herself a sober living arrangement and start going to meetings, but that seems unlikely based on her recent history.
i will see tomorrow and check back with y'all...but yes i believe its unlikely also...do i beleive they really didn't have enough beds? I believe nothing at this point i can't prove myself...
Old 06-13-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm more than a little disappointed she is coming out..but its nothing I didn't expect...so I'm gonna continue with my plan..
Old 06-14-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You could call rehab and confirm that for yourself if it would make you feel better, but leaving and taking the kids whatever she does is a very good plan.

Be sure to take all household utility bills out of your name immediately--inform her she can switch them to her name after you've done it.

Otherwise, you may end up on the hook for two sets of bills and a bad credit score if she doesn't pay them.

Oh, and don't believe any promises about "she'll keep up with them, etc." because it is very likely she won't.
Of course you have pulled any money out of joint accounts for now and have your direct deposit from work (if you do that)
sent to an entirely new account she cannot access in any way?
All credit cards she may have (in your name, her name and yours, or both), cancelled?
(call the companies and say you lost them and have the new cards in your name only sent to your new address)
One good binge and your life savings is down the toilet and your cards are maxed. No joke.
You'll end up paying them if you are on the account, or even if you are not legally separated in some states.
New boyfriend and she won't have a care about running up your debt--protect yourself ruthlessly and quickly.

Read around if you doubt me.

Well done on getting apart and don't get sucked back in--your kids deserve better and so do you.