Kinda calm now....

Old 06-07-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kinda calm now....

Hi everyone, I hope you guys are doing as well as possible considering we are here for mostly the same reasons.

I got back home from my overseas job and my AW has taken all her stuff and a bunch of my property out of the house. The stuff she took from me was tv, tools, power tools, and electronics. Anyway, I guess once I found out about her going to Mississippi to see a guy I think she was in rehab with, she packed up and ran and “no” I don’t believe she is doing it to get clean. Aside from an email she sent me about three weeks ago we have not spoken in three months. I never responded to the email because I found it to be insulting. We were together for almost 9 years and I can email her if I need to “get in touch”, pissed me off a little. However, I found it weird that she did all kinds of work in the house like painting, cleaning, and so forth. She also placed our wedding picture in the middle of the dresser in the master bedroom with a picture album of our history…I was kind of confused about that.

I guess she is living with my step daughter right now but to be honest I really have no idea where she is at currently. I get very concerned because her car that I bought for her is in my name and I pay the insurance on it as well. Aside from that I have been slowly shutting her out of my life I dropped phone, health insurance, and a few other things…I will let someone else take care of all that now. The hardest part for me is the fact she is burning me down with my step kids, friends, and basically destroying my credibility. A couple people told that eventually people will see through the smoke screen. My dad always told me that, “There are three things that can’t be hidden long: the sun, the moon, and the truth”. I do miss my step kids but I can’t do anything about that right now.

I feel like I am doing the right thing for myself and starting to feel pretty good but I do have my ups and downs. Regardless, I do hope she is safe. I never realized how much chaos I had in my life until it was gone, it is almost strangely quiet in the house. I did feel a little bad the other day because it was her birthday and I did not even email or do anything.

Hope you guys are getting through your struggles and wish everyone the best.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
My dad always told me that, “There are three things that can’t be hidden long: the sun, the moon, and the truth”.
I love this and it's so true. I know how what you are going thru hurts. My XH did the same. And eventually his GF. I never refuted what they told people unless that person contacte me and specifically asked me if it was true. To which I always said "if you knew me and you know him, you would not need to ask"

Personally, i would stop paying for anything to do with her life. She could hire a lawyer for alimony, etc if she so chose. This does not make you a bad person. Her stealing would have proven her character. Bad mouthing you shows others too.

Are you planning to divorce ? just for financial reasons and responsibility - it seems important.

When she left the photos, it would seem that this was her way of saying 'it's final and goodbye' - she wants you to remember her but left all the same. When i said goodbye to my marriage, i tore all of the photos out and threw them in the garbage toter. I didn't want nor need him to remember me. My daughters and I happened to be home when they collected and it looked like they had a moment of silence. lol
Old 06-09-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get the car out of your name if at all possible. XXX
Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts your way today. You are not alone, please keep reading. I was unaware (until I needed to know) that in the state of Florida... if they are driving a car in your name, you are responsible for anything that happens. I had to protect myself, and my suggestion would be to protect yourself too.