Addict wife made contact....

Old 05-14-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addict wife made contact....

So after not speaking for over two months the soon to be ex-AW sent me an email.

Little back story, I work over seas and we had a big fight when I found out she was cheating when I was away at work, after the fight we did not speak for two months. This is on top of all the lying, stealing, and everything else from the opiate addiction. I am getting ready to come home, which she does not know, and out of the blue she sends an email from an address I have never seen before telling me, "If u need to get in touch with me I can email me at this email. I don't have the ********* one anymore" the other email address referred to her and I and she has not used it in years, so just trying to be mean. I hate the fact she is just trying to get a reaction and be hateful to me. I have not bothered her, called, or anything...no contact the whole way.

I found out her and her new friend started talking right after her rehab where I think they met, and I guess it built up from there. I have the feeling he is enabling her and there is where the relationship must have developed.

I guess you can say it is a blow to my ego that my AW has basically left me for an addict. So as of now she is out of my house and moving on with her life, I find it hard to understand that addicts will walk through someone's life and leave a train wreck behind. In the mean time I am left with the mess of the divorce, house, and everything else....the woman even took my dogs!
Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I guess you can say it is a blow to my ego that my AW has basically left me for an addict. So as of now she is out of my house and moving on with her life, I find it hard to understand that addicts will walk through someone's life and leave a train wreck behind. In the mean time I am left with the mess of the divorce, house, and everything else....the woman even took my dogs!
Well, as someone that was also dumped for another addict, I empathize with you. Initially, something like this is going to sting.

But with that said, there is more to her than drug addiction. What may that be?

I encourage you to pick up a copy of Stop Walking on Eggshells and I Hate You...Don't Leave Me. Read them carefully. And when you're done, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

In the meantime, take a step back and practice not taking this personally. This isn't about you, man. Trust me on this.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Although my addict didnt "leave" me for another addict, he was sleeping with one, which i found out much later...

i read something which really hit home to me. an active addict is pretty damn close to a sociopath - all emotions, empathy have been stripped and they are completely able & sometimes it seems, willing, to "walk through someones life and leave a train wreck behind." The responsibility of picking up the pieces was the parting gift i got, too.
seems like a pretty common trend here...

here's to hoping you stay solid in your commitment to no contact. its tough, but a year from now, you'll be glad you stuck it out.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

out of the blue she sends an email from an address I have never seen before telling me, "If u need to get in touch with me I can email me at this email. I don't have the ********* one anymore" the other email address referred to her and I and she has not used it in years, so just trying to be mean. I hate the fact she is just trying to get a reaction and be hateful to me. I have not bothered her, called, or anything...no contact the whole way.
Maybe she is not being hateful or trying to get a reaction out of you. But rather providing you a means of contact so that you can.............

I am left with the mess of the divorce, house, and everything else
Take care of this and move on.

I am very sorry your marriage has ended and you are hurting.