Erase my brain

Old 04-17-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Erase my brain

It has been a month since my Abf parted ways with me to "find himself" but instead became involved with another woman and back into the drug world. Through different posts y'all have given me excellent advice that I have taken. Problem is, I still miss him so badly.

His mom has made me feel better by corroborating his decline, from stealing bicycles to he and his woman climbing out of a window rather than walking out of a door in the middle of the afternoon. When I can convince myself that he is in active addiction I feel better but then I start to wonder.

Call me crazy because I feel as if I am. I have been feeling so much stronger and empowered. Just hurting today and wish I could hear from him. Help me and feel free to jack me up...I need it!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Your recovery won't be a straight line. It won't always move up on the graph, either. You will have good days and some bad ones. The thing is to keep pushing forward.

It's okay to miss someone that was such a huge part of our life. It's natural and very normal. The thing is that you must keep in mind why you left that situation. Sounds like nothing has changed with him except that he found a new person who is okay with his using.

Hang in there. It's going to be okay. You will get past this and at some point, you will find someone who is worthy of you.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Suki. I wish I had been the one that got to decide to end the relationship! Then I would have the answers I need.

Guess I am still second guessing myself and I need to stop. Just so hard to believe what people are willing to throw away because of addiction.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I understand. But, if it wasn't you who ended the relationship, maybe look at it as a bullet dodged. It may be hard to see that now, but in time, you will see that you are much better off without an active addict in your life. You hurt now, but had you stayed together, you would have been hurt much, much more.