media

Old 04-17-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

media

OK, so I know this could be a total eye roll. I know I'm talking about TV...and bad reality TV at that.

My guilty pleasure is real housewives. My face just blushed! anyways, there is a "character" on the Beverly Hills show that is an alcoholic...and who knows what else she uses. She has been sober for awhile. This season she fought aggressively saying she was sober. In fact, she was furious at anyone who suggested otherwise or told her to get help. During the reunion same thing...she was sober and so angry at anyone who said otherwise. Just a day or 2 later after the reunion show, she was arrested for intoxication and kicking a cop.

First, I do realize we are talking TV. I get that. But to actually see the craziness that we deal with live, was eye opening. Because it can all be so gray...so confusing. Sometimes these addicts can make us feel like we are crazy! In fact, it really scared me. A person with an addiction can hide the truth so well. You see this really peeks my curiosity because my sons father, I feel, is playing the same game. I feel he is playing sober, but I know he is still using. I am totally trusting my gut. Seeing something play out like this just makes me wonder...when will the truth come out for my X. the truth always comes out at some point. He wants unsupervised visits so bad, and I am so unwilling to ever give it up. Because you never know when an addict will fall again. That is the hard and sad part.