my son is getting out of prison tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my son is getting out of prison tomorrow.

8yrs he has been gone. some of u remember me some don't.. i went thru hell with this son of mine but i have survived it. if i can you can. he has been in & out of prison for 22 yrs. all due to crack cocaine. this last time he was charged with habitual felon. driving without a liscens & running from the law. this site saved my life. i had been on here about 5yrs when he was charged. i need your prayers & he needs your prayers. he sounds good but he is still in as of now. so much has changed. pray for him that he will have strength to rise above all he ever knew. i know i have no control over him & i am powerless. i have a powerful story i will tell you one day. thank you all so much.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Hey...

I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm assuming you haven't posted in some time, so welcome back.

It sounds like both of you have been through hell, albeit for entirely different reasons. In spite of that, you sound like you have terra firma under your feet, which is a good thing. Time will tell how he'll do once he's out, but I suspect regardless of how he does, you'll be OK.

God bless you both.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers on the way!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for your response. yes, it has been awhile. i have learned alot. i hope i will b ok. i am strong. stronger than i think some times. i know i am super excited but i am also scared. he started using in his late teens. he is now 42. he also has a son that is 23 & seems to b following his footsteps.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Hope, I am sending prayers for a wonderful reunion and that your dear son realizes that nothing changes if nothing changes. Hopefully he was seeking recovery or getting some tools while he was in prison.
Hugs to you!
Teresa
Old 04-16-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back, sweetie. I remember you and all you've been through with your son and grandson.

I'm sending you all my prayers. Please remember that though people come and go here, we all have a lot in common and we are here for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-16-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best wishes and good thoughts to you, Hope. Stay strong!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope, You and your son and grandson have my prayers, now and always. I hope this time he finds a different way.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Hope I remember you it's been some time. Prayers are with you, your son & grandson. Keep us posted how your doing . What a wonderful reunion for you today. Praying your son uses the tools he needs to lead a productive healthy life style. God Bless
Old 04-17-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Hope,

I am sending up prayers for your son and you today.

take good care of yourself, and keep us posted. We are here to support you.

Nice to meet you
Old 04-17-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello hope!

You and your son will be in my prayers!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Hope))) It's always lovely to see an old friend and it is good to see you again.

Hope, you have been through so much and grown so much over the years and I know you will be strong enough to handle this too. My prayers go out for you and for your son and grandson too. I pray that you son will embrace his freedom by remaining free from drugs and finally finding a better path.

I hope that one day you do tell your story, Hope, it's a story of overcoming the hurdles that life has handed you and finding your courage and strength to proceed with grace. The newcomers and old timers alike could learn from you, dear girl.

Please know that we are here to walk with you through the days ahead.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank u all for the words of encouraagement. i will not see j. until sunday. i am super excited he is home. he talks really good. time will tell what goes from here. i am strong & i have learned alot from all of my friends. i have had so many things going on the pass few yrs. my grndson is home & doing ok. i am the last to know any different if he is not. he was released from prison about 3 weeks ago. i am going to take this all in one day at a time. thank u for welcoming me back & for the hugs.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good luck with this weekend homecoming, Hope. I will keep you all in my prayers.