Mentally Exhausted

Old 04-15-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mentally Exhausted

I posted a few weeks ago AS had stolen from us again and made threats. We went to the police laid charges, and obtained a retraining order. We have not seen or heard from him since then. My spouse and I are done with the chaos , and will no longer enable him. His DOC was alcohol & crack yet in December he started using meth. I have never seen such a change in a person he became cold, nasty, and volatile. The lies just baffle me . I've heard he's living on the other side of town too close for comfort . He drives a new vehicle , and always looks so out together. No one would guess he's an addict.im really trying to work my own program but it's just so hard. I lay awake at nite wondering if hell ever go in to recovery, or what his rock bottom will be . He is a con, a liar , a thief and I'm sure he's dealing drugs too afford his vehicle . My heart is just so broken. I keep thinking after 10 years of this what is wrong with me ? That I still let him absorb my thoughts . My spouse & I don't discuss him with anyone . I learnt a long time ago that most people don't understand . The feedback we would get is just get rid of him. Until you have loved an addict or our the parent of one , no one truly understands .
Old 04-15-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((Katie44))))))))

So sorry.

We understand.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We understand, Katie. So grateful for the people on SR. May you find some peace soon. That's all we can hope for sometimes. I'm right there with you.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, we do understand Katie. And our hearts hurt for you. You never stop loving them.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Katie...

He's your son. He is literally a part of you. And that's never going to change. So of course you're going to think of him. I'd be worried if you didn't think of him.

What you have to do -- and you're already doing -- is take the appropriate steps to protect yourself. That doesn't mean you don't love him or don't want the best for him. It just means he's sick and he's dangerous, and you gotta do what you gotta do.

Be safe.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Katie, the love of a mother is never done. I do believe you are doing what is best for you and your husband by separating and holding your son accountable. I totally understand your frustration and despair.
TT
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, this mama understands and sends special hugs.

You did the right thing, hopefully one day soon so will he.

I am glad your home is no longer a war zone, been there, done that and there are no winners in that war.

Hugs