My 20 year old Son

Old 11-27-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

This is a great update! I have heard many a testimony of people not being able to be clean until they spend some real time in jail. I hope he continues to thrive!
Old 12-26-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Just a quick update.

My son relapsed in early January 2018. His girlfriend threatened to leave him so he quite cold turkey. As a result, he had a grand mal seizure again and found himself in the hospital.

He has been sober ever since, approaching one year, will be restarting college on-line. He's off all medication except one pill for epilepsy. He does not attend aa or na; he is just doing it on his own. I am powerless to have it any other way.

His girlfriend is very sweet (and so is he when he's sober). I believe she is keeping him sober. They seem to be a good fit as long as he doesn't use drugs.

He's doing great at work although he doesn't like his job, thus, he wants to go back to school. We agreed to pay some. We have not paid rent or anything else, like before.

We will see what 2019 brings us. Each time we visit, he's thinking and speaking more clearly.

I thought SR should see these results, and wanted to share.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I thinks this is an awesome miracle, AWorriedFather, and I am so happy for him and for you that he has found a good path and stayed on it.

Many get clean and stay clean without any formal meetings or organizations, he learned from the "school of hard knocks" and has taken the lessons and made a good life.

Thank you so much for the update, and I hope you and your family all have a healthy and happy 2019.

Hugs
Old 12-26-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update AWF, he is DOING it and that is what matters. Hugs to you and your family and prayers for a wonderful 2019!