Question Re: Torn Cigarette Filters

Old 03-20-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Question Re: Torn Cigarette Filters

Hello, I'm new to the site and this may be in the wrong forum. Please forgive me if it is.

I have a question regarding torn cigarette filters. The filter is not completely torn or cut off the cigarette but part of the paper and part of the "cotton" insides are gone and the cigarette is left basically intact. Looks as though they were "accidentally" ripped when the package was opened.

This particular son has struggled with heroin addiction in the past and was sober for about 9 months. Lately, he's been hanging with the old crowd and some of his actions have become circumspect once again. I am assuming he is using this part of the cigarette as a filter for a needle ? I do not know, as I have never used any illegal type of drug and my only knowledge is what I have gained from experience with my sons and off of the internet.

Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my experience this is the only reason I would damage a perfectly fine cigarette. I think your "hunch" is correct.

Welcome to SR, this place is full of support and kindness from all sides of addiction.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound good. I pretty much exclusively used cig filters for my cottons. Sometimes pulled the whole filter out and tore some off and stuck it back in or just ripped a piece off with my teeth. Combine that with hanging with the old crowd and that would be enough evidence for me. That and the bottom of a pop can and a pack of needles from the pharmacy and I was good to go. So glad those days are behind me. Take care LadyNBlue.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. 'Tis the best and most commonly used micro-filter for injectables.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear about your son's relapse. I found these in my daughter's room, too, a few years ago. I hope you are seeking support for yourself right now, too. I highly recommend NarAnon meetings, or other face-to-face meetings with parents who understand what you are going through. Keep reading and keep posting here. We do care about and support each other, and you are most welcome to keep coming back. Take care.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and bottle caps, dirty cottons inside or dropped around living areas and car, bloody tissues, tp or cotton swabs.

We all want 'proof' but it's already there in front of us. Trust your instinct.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone. Marcus would certainly know. I have seen this with my AS, heroin addict. along with all the other signs. I am so sorry that you have to contend with this ugly disease again. I pray he is willing to reconsider and get help. Most important is what you decide to do for you as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Ldynblujns.

I am so sorry for what is going on in your life, with your son. I know its heartbreaking.
You have found a great place though, for support and information. Many here know your pain.
Please take care, and keep posting. We are here for you.

hugs,chicory