Old 03-06-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Peace

Friday, March 6, 2015
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Peace

Anxiety is often our first reaction to conflict, problems, or even our own fears. In those moments, detaching and getting peaceful may seem disloyal or apathetic. We think: If I really care, I'll worry; if this is really important to me, I must stay upset. We convince ourselves that outcomes will be positively affected by the amount of time we spend worrying.

Our best problem-solving resource is peace. Solutions arise easily and naturally out of a peaceful state. Often, fear and anxiety block solutions. Anxiety gives power to the problem, not the solution. It does not help to harbor turmoil. It does not help.

Peace is available if we choose it. In spite of chaos and unsolved problems around us, all is well. Things will work out. We can surround ourselves with the resources of the Universe: water, earth, a sunset, a walk, a prayer, a friend. We can relax and let ourselves feel peace.

Today, I will let go of my need to stay in turmoil. I will cultivate peace and trust that timely solutions and goodness will arise naturally and harmoniously out of the wellspring of peace. I will consciously let go and let God.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
Old 03-06-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann... I needed this today.

love,
chicory
Old 03-06-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Often, fear and anxiety block solutions. Anxiety gives power to the problem, not the solution. It does not help to harbor turmoil. It does not help.
It can be hard to take our spirits and our mind from the anxiety and fear to a place of peace. For me, sometimes just putting on the brakes, taking a short walk outside or in nature, and saying a prayer to connect with God, asking Him to lift my load, will put me in a better place very quickly.

Fear is my worst enemy today, I can acknowledge it and move on but I can no longer live under that dark cloud anymore, it makes me sicker when I do.

Today I feel somewhat peaceful as I watch the sun rise...but I will still take a walk and embrace the beauty of the day, and pray and meditate to keep my spirit calm. Peace...it's where my heart wants to be.

Hugs
Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
It can be hard to take our spirits and our mind from the anxiety and fear to a place of peace. For me, sometimes just putting on the brakes, taking a short walk outside or in nature, and saying a prayer to connect with God, asking Him to lift my load, will put me in a better place very quickly.

Fear is my worst enemy today, I can acknowledge it and move on but I can no longer live under that dark cloud anymore, it makes me sicker when I do.

Today I feel somewhat peaceful as I watch the sun rise...but I will still take a walk and embrace the beauty of the day, and pray and meditate to keep my spirit calm. Peace...it's where my heart wants to be.

Hugs
I hope I can find this place even just
For a little.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a peace filled day, Rosie and Ann!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you from the middle of my heart...
Old 03-06-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My kids are off to their dads tonight, I really needed to read this today. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In the past couple of days I made peace with a brother who hasn't spoken to my other brother or I in years, no quarrel, he's just like that. He is now sick and so are we...the peace is made...it is much better to carry love in our hearts, and forgiveness, that the pain of resentments and judgements of days gone by.

Today let's all do something to find our peace. I am going to walk in the sunshine, even though the snow is on the ground and it is cold...but not as cold as it has been. I need to connect with the sun and the snow and the birds and the water, even frozen over.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anxiety is often our first reaction to conflict, problems, or even our own fears. In those moments, detaching and getting peaceful may seem disloyal or apathetic. We think: If I really care, I'll worry; if this is really important to me, I must stay upset. We convince ourselves that outcomes will be positively affected by the amount of time we spend worrying.
this rings so true about how i feel. just tonight i felt the sense of disloyalty of having had a good day. my mind immediately starting finding things to get anxious about.
thank you for sharing this.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann. I will take this earnestly to heart. I woke up to resentment and my own passive aggression. I am going to say a prayer, take a walk, and keep reminding myself that things will work out.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gosh, I wish I could let go of my anxiety and anxiety attacks. Dealing with an AH and separation is just very hard. I know I would feel better if I could follow and believe those words.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Start with baby steps, Fate, maybe finding your quiet space and taking deep breaths. Maybe short walks or just settling your mind with affirmations. You can do it, just remember to try.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you Ann. Not being at peace caused me so much grief and misery. Maybe a bit late in the game, but I finally found it.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Start with baby steps, Fate, maybe finding your quiet space and taking deep breaths. Maybe short walks or just settling your mind with affirmations.
You can do it, just remember to try.
I think that maybe this is the hardest part.. remembering to try! such a habit, to worry... maybe with time and practice, it would become a habit.
as much as we want to be good to those we love, we should want to be good to ourselves. Why shouldn't we want ourselves to be happy and at peace?

Maybe that is what it means to love yourself.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You're right, Chic. Something recovery taught me is to take pause whenever I feel angry/frustrated/annoyed/anxious or any feelings that throw me off balance and then acknowlwdge the feeling and decide how to get past it.

Try letting the feeling itself be the alarm or signal to stop and find peace.

Good habits bring good feelings that replace the unhealthy ones.

Hugs