Unexpected Inspiration

Old 02-16-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unexpected Inspiration

As many of my friends here know, I love stories, fables and Fairy Tales.

I couldn't sleep tonight. I'm crocheting a new baby blanket to give to my neice tomorrow. She was born premature and will be in the NICU until the end of May. She was 23 weeks gestational age when she was born, and weighs 1lb 2oz. She is a gift from heaven! but the process is difficult. I turned on The Lord of the Rings to ease my mind. It is one of my favorites!

My mind is full of the various trials I've undergone over the last several years, and I've been lost in the "why me" thoughts that we all can relate to.... Why are babies born early? I wish things were different. I wish I wasn't lonely... I wish none of the struggles with AH had ever happened. I wish I had never met XAH#1... the list goes on and on... all my regrets... all of my woes... and then I heard it... The words of Gandalf the Grey. I looked up the quote and thought I'd share it here. I know it was God answering my prayers about my negative feelings and regrets.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Old 02-16-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

True words, Lily. Every period of time in history, every life ever lived, has wonderful times and times that are unthinkably painful and how we get through both of these stages builds our own character and makes the world a better place.

Life is a precious gift, each day is the gift renewed. Don't waste a moment of it, embrace the challenges with the joy and keep going with faith, even blind faith because each "today" is a chance to grow.

Hugs
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lily--love the same things...thanks for sharing. In my heart...I am now calling Ann, Gandalf the White...in feminine form. Thanks Ann as well.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like it, thank you!