Life is Amazing

Old 02-03-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Life is Amazing

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Be amazed and keep going

Life can be amazing, so by all means be amazed. But don’t be so amazed that it immobilizes you.

Be amazed at the possibilities, at all the great things you can do. Then get beyond your amazement and get busy actually doing.

Be amazed at what others have achieved, at what you yourself have done, and at the beauty the universe constantly proffers. Then find something new and great and wonderful to do with it all.

Life is amazing and you can make it even more so. Be amazed, yet don’t ever let yourself be satisfied with mere amazement.

Drink in the wonder and beauty of life. Let it all inspire you to create greater beauty.

The journey is long, worthwhile, fulfilling and amazing. Be amazed, and keep going.

— Ralph Marston
Old 02-03-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For such a long time in my life, I looked at life as a spectator. I saw ordinary people like me pursue a dream and become successful at something they loved.

I grew up in a time of career limitations for women, but that's no excuse because others went ahead and became doctors and lawyers and journalists and photographers in a time where these were considered "men's professions".

I saw people who had disabilities but who were not in the least "disabled", who took their drive to do what they dreamed of...and they made those dreams come true.

Hard times are just a "moment" in our lives, they don't last forever if we strive to overcome them. They may be part of what drives us to do better, today's lessons may prove valuable to us in tomorrow's quest for our dreams.

The journey is long, worthwhile, fulfilling and amazing. Be amazed, and keep going.
Life is an adventure, embrace it and live it well. Follow your dreams and know that you are stronger than you think and braver than you know.

You're not a spectator watching from the sidelines and neither am I. Let's jump in together and embrace the adventure called "life".

Hugs
Old 02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautiful, Ann. Thank you for sharing.

Today at my Al Anon meeting, we focused on the slogan: Just for Today

I had the bookmark with the slogan in my bag and this was the one that I focused on during my share:

Just for today, I will be unafraid. Especially I
will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful,
and to believe that as I give to the world, so
the world will give to me.

My favorite part today was: I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful.

WOW!

I have very much been afraid of enjoying the beautiful lately because I think I'm supposed to be freaking out about my situation. Sometimes it's organic that I truly am, but mostly with my friend who knows and my mom who also knows, well, and my AH, I am afraid to just smile and be happy.

But, ugh! It's so draining!

I much prefer to enjoy what is beautiful...like the way the snow collects on the bare branches and weighs down the limbs of the evergreen trees. The way it's so, so bright out when the sun is shining on the snow piles. The way it's like driving through the mountains when I go into a shopping plaza and navigate through the giant piles of snow that have been plowed to make way for the cars to park. Like the flower that my friend gave me that's blooming early because it's near the heating vent....

Like so many things! I just need to allow myself to enjoy them.

Beautiful, amazing life... <3
Old 02-03-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just for today, I will be unafraid. Especially I
will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful,
and to believe that as I give to the world, so
the world will give to me.
I love that and needed to read that today too.

As many here know, my husband and I are each battling cancer right now (and winning...go us!), and something that has helped us all the way is to do what we need to do as far as treatments or surgery is concerned...but also to find joy and beauty in every single day. We do. We go for walks and feed birds and read travel books and decide places we'd like to see when this is all behind us.

Many times I hear from friends and family "You are so upbeat and positive, i don't know how you do it."

Well, the alternative is to lay down and die and neither one of us has any intention of doing that any time soon.

My point is that even in tough times, even when the horizon is dark...we can still embrace life and find it amazing and shoot for the stars every night.

If I can do it, anyone here can do it...and we will follow our dreams and be amazed when they come true.

Hugs
Old 02-03-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

oops...mispost...
Old 02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ann - I haven't been back long enough to have read about the cancer -- but GO YOU GUYS! So glad to hear that you're looking for the beautiful, enjoying walks together, and making your friends scratch their heads about your positive attitude. Maybe that should be my daily goal, too! How many people can I surprise by seeing me so happy? :-) Makes me laugh to think about it. Have a great night!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're living proof, Ann - 'stronger than you think, braver than you know' indeed.
Thanks for these inspiring & helpful thoughts - they mean so much.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by shinebright7 View Post
Maybe that should be my daily goal, too! How many people can I surprise by seeing me so happy? :-) Makes me laugh to think about it. Have a great night!
Shinebright, people don't know what it's like to be you, or me, or anyone here unless they have walked in our shoes. To find that we are "happy" and "peaceful" in spite of our obstacles should delight them or at least make them wonder what the heck we are up to.

Hev, sometimes I have to dig to find it, but yes, I found that I can face whatever life hands me, even if I'd just as soon hand it back.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am new to this site and I appreciate your posts. It inspires me to believe I will be able to get thru it
Old 02-05-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
For such a long time in my life, I looked at life as a spectator. I saw ordinary people like me pursue a dream and become successful at something they loved.

I grew up in a time of career limitations for women, but that's no excuse because others went ahead and became doctors and lawyers and journalists and photographers in a time where these were considered "men's professions".

I saw people who had disabilities but who were not in the least "disabled", who took their drive to do what they dreamed of...and they made those dreams come true.

Hard times are just a "moment" in our lives, they don't last forever if we strive to overcome them. They may be part of what drives us to do better, today's lessons may prove valuable to us in tomorrow's quest for our dreams.

Life is an adventure, embrace it and live it well. Follow your dreams and know that you are stronger than you think and braver than you know.

You're not a spectator watching from the sidelines and neither am I. Let's jump in together and embrace the adventure called "life".

Hugs
I like this post more than the one you quoted. His had too many 'amaze's' in it. It seemed fakey. I am more impressed with yours!

My daughter bought me one of those daily tear off calendars for Christmas. It has positive affirmations. I always thought affirmations were okay but never really got into them but now I look forward to seeing what is on each day's page. I don't try to memorize them or even remember them but each time I go by it, I read it. It just seems like doing this each day keeps me more focused on the positive and things I CAN do.

If you or anyone else is interested, this is where she got mine. She bought me #3. Wow now it is only $5 and she paid $8. Well you can only use an old calendar so long, lol.

Kari
Old 02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

KariSue, daily affirmations are a wonderful way to set your mind to something positive and something to fall back on if the day goes a little off balance.

This is a link to many daily affirmations...nothing commercial just good reading.

"I look withing to find my treasures"
is one of my favourites.

Affirmations - Louise Hay
Old 02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Ann

sending you a big ole Louisiana hug of PINKNESS!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dear Ann,

Your courage,borne of
the spirit of overcoming all that would
hold us back----will be a beacon to me
long after these days of SR are forgotten.
Bless you, my friend. You are a brighter
light, to more people, than you will
ever know.

It utmost respect,
Vale
Old 02-06-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Vale, I could just hug you for all your support that has seen be through difficult times.

But..now I have this song stuck in my head..."This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."
Old 02-06-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ann, I'm so glad that you and your husband are finding the beauty in life in between taking care of slaying the cancer monster. Your post reminds me of this quote, a view I strongly believe. The more I embrace the positive and ignore the negative and toxic voices in the world, the more positive and beautiful things I find in my life. Thank you for this reminder today.

Last edited by greeteachday; 12-26-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's beautiful, Greet, and I agree with it also. When we keep our thoughts positive and strive for what we need, most times life will take us there. All we really need to do is believe. I wear a pendant with 3 words on it...Hope, Believe, Rejoice. When I find myself edging on despair, I clutch my pendant to remind me where the light is and I keep my thoughts faced that way.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ann, If you haven't heard it, look up This Little Light of Mine by Addison Road. I love it!
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I haven't and I will, thank you.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh wow, that's too good not to bring it here for everyone to enjoy. Shine on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii2THk_yR3Q