Husband stays in denial I stay confused

Old 01-21-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Husband stays in denial I stay confused

Husband 's drinking became a problem 4 years ago and he has also been addicted to and abused pain pills then got on suboxone which I paid for the first initial appt. and first months script all together over $600.00 now he has admitted to taking/buying at work pain pills again. I thought if you are taking suboxone you would get sick if you took pain pills (loratab) I thought you could not mix these two things without getting sick? He also has managed to convince his doctor to give him nuvigil a medicine for narcelepsi which he does not have but at one time he was working a lot of over time and his shift at work was going back and forth from working days to working night shift he told the doctor how tired he was and that he had even fallen asleep while driving and ran off the road. While this is true he left out the fact that at this same time he was also buying and drinking 2 bottles of whiskey every other day he had a strict pattern he would spend exactly the same amount and buy just enough for that same day and the next day then return and buy same exact thing again and always spent cash never used his debit card. But now I think there is something else going on I know he abuses every thing he takes he doesn't take medicine the way the doctor prescribes he takes it how he feels he needs it (no moderation at all)He also is taking Adderall he is seeing a psychiatrist for that medication and she is aware he is also taking the nuvigil . H e goes thru a script that should last a month in 2 weeks with the nuvigil then gets the Adderall filled and goes thru a months pills in 2weeks all the time is also taking 8mg 3 times a day of suboxone strips (sublingual) dissolves under the tounge. I notice at times he is like a crack head CANT BE STILL or STOP talking just rambeling on and on about nothing its very hard to talk to him because he cant focus he is just all over the place .But other times he will sleep ALL day and usualy about every 2 months he will go thru periods of night sweats at least 3 or 4 times in a month its like the sheets are ice cold and soaking wet. I don't know what is going on but HE IS VERY MOODY jeckyl and hyde personality, everything is my fault, if every he does say sorry its sarcastic and or just fake. My mother has talked to him and she told me he has lost it she said he got angry and was yelling looked just evil. Can someone give me their opinion on this? I would really appreciate it , Thank you
Old 01-21-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

he is an addict spinning out of control and YOU my dear are directly in the line of fire. WHAT he is on at any given time is no longer the issue here....your personal safety and your life's outlook ARE.

he's messed up. and he's grabbing and taking any and all substances he can. he's getting worse.

it's time to figure out what YOU want to do with your life. he's not in a place to hear anything you have to say, and in fact that may put you in danger.

do you have an escape plan?
Old 01-21-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, I have my mother close by and she and my whole family are very involved and know everything that is going on and we check in with each other daily. I also have an apartment that will be available in March which he knows nothing about and that is very scary for me I am very concerned that when he finds out his behavior towards me will get much much worse. I am becoming afraid of him because he is so unpredictable and the moodiness it makes things very uncomfortable and he is becoming very paranoid and has followed me a few times when I have been at my mothers and he just sits in his truck and watches the house or drives by looking to see if my car is there wants to keep up with where I am at all times and tells me he is just worried and wanting to make sure I am ok but Its just an excuse he is just checking to see where Iam and what I am doing its just such strange behavior.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Could you move in w/your parents before then? Please protect yourself, he sounds like a lose cannon.

Being paranoid is VERY common w/drug use

Keep coming back to SR, you will get lots of good support here!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Unease,

Anvil, per usual, knocks it out of the park with her assessment. The sooner you can implement your escape plan, the better.

He sounds like bad news, and he sounds extremely unstable.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes, I could and I am prepared to I have gotten to the point of keeping a bag packed and hidden, I have slept at times with car keys in my pocket and cell or hidden under the mattress while sleeping as I think he would try to hide my keys I really cant put anything past him at this point.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would suggest getting out now, move in with your mom and get a protective order.

DO NOT let him now where your new apartment is. If he is following you he will probably find that out. (get a long term restraining order)

Following you, sitting and watching is creepy wrong. You really need protection. By no means am I suggesting you go all Rambo BUT.... learning a few things or taking some measures as a means of self defense is not a bad idea either.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Not judging because I have been exactly where you are in dealing with an out of control addict.

But I have to ask you regarding leaving…………………what are you waiting for?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

unease,

I think you should call the DV #, its, 1-800-799-7233. He seems to really be spiraling out of control. Just look at how you are feeling, and what you are doing. You seem to be very afraid of him. The sitting outside of your mom's watching you, is stalking.

I think if I was going through what you are, I would call the above #, they would probably give you the local phone number. Personally, I think you would be much better off in the DV shelter at this point. They keep the locations of these places hidden. I'm feeling that if you just pack up and go to your mom's that he may stalk you. I do agree with a Restraining Order, I think in your case though, it might be better for you to be in a safe place when he is served. The DV shelter will keep you safe, and you will also be able to better determine his state of mind and his reactions to this in a safe place.

I have read some of your posts, and quite frankly, they scare me.

Please just call the DV #. They can help, also I think you will feel comfortable with them. I did call them, and I did stay at a shelter.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy