Quick update-surrendering really works

Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick update-surrendering really works

Hi all. After a very hellish three months of my agf saying she's ready for rehab, then disappear ing for days on end, then getting touch, ready for rehab, disappear ing, etc etc. She entered treatment on Monday. I'm so grateful I was able to finally stand my ground and say no more. The last time she went to rehab it was court ordered. This time it she chose to go. I do realize the boundary of losing me and her family that was finally enforced (yay me) a couple of months ago may have been the catalyst, but I'm hoping that because it was her choice to go to treatment that this time may be more successful. I know it's just a jumping off point for recovery but I feel relief. Lots of relief. I'm by her side 100% if she embraces this. And will be standing by my own side as I take care of me. It was when I finally surrendered and actually imagined her being protected by her HP tha t something shifted. I truly had no control. You guys told me that two years ago!!! I'm grateful I heard it then, even if I wasn't able to listen ....I'll keep handing her over to her HP (cause u know my codie mind wonders ifcshes okay, how detox is going, etc. We can't talk or visit for a couple of weeks) and 're learn how to take care of me.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To clarify, I don't mean me surrending made her go to treatment, I meant by me surrendering and allowing her to choose to live how she wanted (but not with me) that she was free to decide what she wanted to doinstead of me trying to force anything or being too scared to "let go". I struggled with letting go, and my heart never gave up, but I stopped fighting the bigger plan that was never mine to decide in the first place.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great news! I hope her time in rehab is beneficial for the both of you!

For me, having my Abro in rehab means I won't (shouldn't) receive any "are you "ABro's sister" calls and that to me means peace. So I hope you can enjoy you and your peace.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!Its amazing when we let go and let God. I hope gf gets well.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers out for your girlfriend, that she embraces this opportunity to turn her life around.

It took me years to let go and let God but I have never regretted the decision.

Hugs