Having a Hard Time With Accepting This

Old 01-06-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HollyC88 View Post
This is 100% how I felt with my XABF! No more fixer uppers!!

fixer uppers....

Kari
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yogagurl,

I'm going through the same thing. It's so hard to think that someone that you loved so much can be just so emotion-less and act like a robot. He has moved on (or acted that way) without looking back. He shows no hurt from our separation.
I have supported this man through so much and he blames me for just about everything. He has no accountability and his mother thinks he is the golden child and im the one with issues. Even though he can't hold down a job and I have worked with the same company for 13 years. It's so hard not to take things personally b/c that is where I get stuck. Good luck to you and I hope things start getting better for you soon.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is very unfortunate to read that others are going through the same thing I am, but by your responses, it is definitely helping me accept this is just the way it is with addicts. I was so naive before I got involved with my husband. I lived in this distorted perception of reality where I believed that everyone is inherently good and that, if you just stuck in there long enough, that person would be able to tap into the same potential that you saw in them. Additionally, I was always the type to leave my doors unlocked if I was home and my windows up in my house if there was a nice breeze. I never thought I would have to get a gun, or start taking self defense classes. I knew there was "bad" in the world, but I was always so far removed from it, I just lived in a bubble of peace and well being, aside from being involved with the addict.

The bottom line is that there is nothing you can do to change an individual. If you are involved with someone who is addicted to crack, meth, or heroin, they will use you to no end and then move on flawlessly to the next person they can leech off of. I am, little by little, understanding this and it isn't as painful as it was just a few days ago. He breaks in, tries to steal his dog, assaults me and my brother, asks his girlfriend to assault me, goes to jail, and within a week he's back in church and being "saved" by the comfort of his family. It's a !@#$ing JOKE. THANK GOD I am not involved with that man anymore.