Advice please

Old 12-30-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I attend Celebrate Recovery. They normally have what is called The Landing which is for teens. It is also for adults with any hurt, hangup, or habit. Men go w/men, women with women according to the group you wish to join (Codependency, Chemical Dependency, etc). I credit CR for saving me during one of the hardest times of my life.
Thanks Hopeful
That is so helpful to know! Thank you so much!! They didn't have much information on the website for the church it's held at and I sent an email but didn't get a response about if it was only for adults or not. I will take them both with me to that meeting next Thursday as well and see if that have the teen group there as well (hopefully they do)
I was told they have a main meeting one day and like a 12 step meeting on another day. Is one better to go to than the other?
Your help with this is all so very appreciated
Old 12-30-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, AlAnon will help you the same as NarAnon. And it is great your son will go with his younger sister the first couple meetings, at least.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
Yes, AlAnon will help you the same as NarAnon. And it is great your son will go with his younger sister the first couple meetings, at least.
Yes I think it will help them a lot to go together at first. They are 5 years apart and fight like mad but are close at the same time. My daughter is very shy and insecure like her mama (sadly) my son is a little more open and outgoing so I think it will be good for him to go with her as she'll feel more safe with him there as I think he will with her as well. I wouldn't mind having someone to go with me as well lol but i'll have to suck it up and be brave on my own
Old 12-30-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I would call the church office to inquire. You want to go to the main meeting, you don't want to dive into a 12 step immediately. Just go and get a grasp of the group.

XXX
Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I would call the church office to inquire. You want to go to the main meeting, you don't want to dive into a 12 step immediately. Just go and get a grasp of the group.

XXX
Ok I will do that. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate you *HUGS*
Old 12-30-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My opinion....
no new contact = no new hurts

Every time I talk to my x it hurts. Not sure about you. Wait until he contacts them.

You be the best mom you can be. That will cover the crxppy dad that they have. He will show up at some time. They always say its hard to get rid of an addict. You continue living your life the best you can as that will hurt him the most, seeing you thrive.

Hugs!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hugs right back! XXX
Old 12-31-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
My opinion....
no new contact = no new hurts

Every time I talk to my x it hurts. Not sure about you. Wait until he contacts them.

You be the best mom you can be. That will cover the crxppy dad that they have. He will show up at some time. They always say its hard to get rid of an addict. You continue living your life the best you can as that will hurt him the most, seeing you thrive.

Hugs!!!
Thanks Maia I will do my best!!
*HUGS*
BH