She's 22...I know

Old 12-31-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
I have no idea where she is located in sacramento, do not know the person's name or address she went to. The videos are posted from phones. So you think just giving them link to the video on tumblr will be enough for the police in sacramento to follow up with?
I really don't know the answer to that, Muunray. There might be some information that the police can obtain from tumblr

But you won't know unless you try. I must admit, it would be scary for me to do, too. I just think it might be a way to save her life.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If they are willing to do the work, they can Ping her phone and know approx. where she is. It would all depend on if they want to pursue it or not.

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine the anxiety.

XXX
Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MR--for what it is worth--my experience with asking police (in SF not sacramento--it is a very different city--so cannot claim to know but it doesn't hurt to call that police line and ask)--was that they told me that if I could not 'prove' it (and made it seem that the evidence needed to be in person and compelling) it was not possible...I posted her as a missing persons (my 21 year old daughter)--which the police depts in San Diego and Sf were willing and happy to do--although they reminded me that if they found her and she did not want to make contact--they could not force her as an adult. Just info for you--from my own experience...
Old 12-31-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This early-Retired Cellular Guy can second the information above. From 3 Cell Towers in the area, the Phone Carrier can triangulate her to within ~10'. Even if she is not in a call. This has repeatedly resolved Cases. Phones 'ping' constantly, if turned on, so that the Network knows where to ring her/us when we're on the move. The Police would have to request this information from the Phone Carrier.

Keep her engaged and talking/Texting so that her known Phone location is current. She likely will keep circling back to the same location/Apt.

The Cellphone Videos/Pix may have 'Metafile' information embedded such that additional, useful information can be extracted by Tech Pros.

I used to Hitchhike around NoCal in my Youth. It's a challenging place now, but I sincerely believe that Technology and good timing pursued promptly will help resolve this. Her age will be a factor, of course.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Double Post - Error Msg
Old 12-31-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Muunray, I noticed that you have been struggling with alcohol yourself. How did your stay in rehab go? This must be terribly worrisome, but I hope that you won't let it derail you from getting better. Sadly, she is an adult who is on some level free to make bad choices, but I'm sure that you working your recovery will also help her in the long run! I'm hoping things will get better for you in the new year and you and your daughter will both find some peace!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just spoke to Sacramento police. They cannot do anything with video/pictures, cell phone number etc. They could do a "welfare check" on my daughter if I knew the address and see if anything can be noted illegally occurring at that time. Of course, I don't have that.
Myself? I relapsed yesterday, back in rehab tomorrow. I don't feel very good. Trying to meditate, do stress relief exercises. Going to AA meetings. Got my sponser involved with me again.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Muunray, you are doing what you can, and most of this is up to her. Take care of yourself, because two of you going the wrong direction will not solve anything. You must be sober so you can be there for her, should she need you. And your life and health and sobriety is in your control.
I can imagine this is really hard for you. If you can keep up communications with her, that will keep the door open for when she wants your help and is ready to help herself.
my prayers are for this to resolve soon and for you to get back on track for yourself. be strong. glad you got your sponser involved again, and are going to AA.

hugs
chicory
Old 01-10-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers for you, and your daughter. You know, I'm a mom, too. I understand, for what that's worth. Consider yourself loved. I wish we were all a physical presence to each other in time of need, but better yet I pray the Lord's presence comfort and keep you.