Restraining Order - Well, If Finally Happened

Old 12-27-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to read all this, Yogagurl. And I hope you are doing yoga through all this!!(It has saved me more than once). What a mess, and yes, a sociopath addict, indeed. I am sorry you have to cut ties with your brother, but it seems really necessary for the meantime.

I hope you find another place soon, and that things settle down in 2015. Big hugs to you.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That must have been so frightening!!! Were you home at the time?

What a heartbreak that your own brother would be involved, too...I'm so sorry to hear about it!

I hope no one was hurt, and I'll keep you in my prayers for all that you have to do in the weeks to come to get through all of this

Last edited by Seren; 12-27-2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 12-28-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My XH would not allow me to have a gun, said that I would shoot him some night and tell the police that I thought it was an intruder. Lol !

When I had him removed from our home, I applied for concealed carry. I have always been a target shooter, love bow and arrow, glass shot, etc.

Learn safety first and how to shoot. Then situational shooting. It saves lives.

Having a measure of control over our lives, will bring so much strength to you.

I lived in fear that he or someone he knows would follow thru with the threats to have me cut into little pieces and thrown in the lake. Said no one would ever find me.

Follow through with your plans and set up other venues to help you in any event. Pepper spray, baseball bat, neck knife (designed for women), stun knuckles (if legal in your state), anything you can do place these between you and the perpetrator.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What Happened on Christmas Just Hit Me And I Am So Sad

I have been in flight mode, I have been trying to heal. I have been busy and I have been dating and I have been settling in to a new home. The pain comes and goes, the crying and the feelings of helplessness, they come and go. Today, I am faced with a very ugly truth: I have been a means to an end and I was incredibly loyal, faithful, compassionate, nurturing, generous, understanding, and kind to a man who just broke into my home to take an animal that he asked me to keep for him. He even stuck his new girlfriend on me and told her to kick my ass.

When my AH was released from prison in 2010, I was a new graduate. I had just completed a 4 year degree in chemistry and had not been in my home town the entire time I was in college. While the incarceration should have been a red flag for me, I didn't ask too many questions and I thought the universe had brought us together to learn from each other and that he was going to turn over a new leaf. I didn't know about any drug addictions, just that he drank over the years. So, I helped him get on his feet. I put a cell phone in my name, a truck in my name, moved in to the home he was renting, made the house a home with all the things he did not own and immediately took the role of house girlfriend. I worked full time and cared for him like a wife would. When I found out about the drug use, I did not leave. I stuck it out for another 4 years. I never bailed on him. I was always there to care for him - in the depression, in the sickness, in the poverty, in the weakness, in the helplessness of his addiction - I endured a massive amount of psychological and emotional abuse and I was grossly taken advantage of. After 4 years, I finally had to call it quits because I literally woke up with no hope of the future. He would stay gone for days at a time using drugs and didn't have money to pay the bills. I simply couldn't take any more.

I moved out secretly because I knew it would not go over well and I would give him as little contact as possible. I knew he would want his dog back and I was respectful of that. But the abuse continued and I simply couldn't talk to him anymore. I had to cut him out completely. After I cut him out, he was entertained for a few weeks by a new girlfriend and, as far as I know, he wasn't stalking me. It was the same time they split that he posted pictures of my home on his Facebook page and let it out publicly that he was stalking me. I knew in my heart it was a ploy to get me to call him since I had closed off all communication with him, so rather than calling, I filed a restraining order. On Christmas day, he came over with two females, broke into my home, attempted to steal the dog, and assaulted me.

I sit here today and I am hurt. I just keep looking to the sky and asking why anyone would hurt someone who was so kind, who was so loyal, and who gave so much. I gave and gave and gave and gave and gave some more. I never got back. I just gave. And then I had to stop because I was spent - no more spirit, no more energy, no more light, no more joy. I was give out. And now, even after all I have given, he wants to take. He wants to take the joy and peace from my life and instill fear in me. He said he couldn't take care of the dog and then he tried to steal the dog out of my home. And I'm sad. I'm so very sad. I gave so much,.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

YG I am very alarmed by this. He broke into your home?? I am scared for you!