SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT: Holiday Splurge and Going Away For A Bit (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/354091-ot-holiday-splurge-going-away-bit.html)

zoso77 12-20-2014 01:28 PM

OT: Holiday Splurge and Going Away For A Bit

My best friend and I started a new Holiday tradition last year. On the Friday before Christmas last year, we went to the Capital Grille, ate like kings, drank like fish, and paid a small fortune for the experience.

As the Holidays approached this year, we decided to do it again. So last night, two more of our buddies joined us at the Capital Grille for what I can only describe as a gluttonous indulgence of epic proportions.

Per the traditions we started last year, the four of us each had a Stoli Doli, which was followed by a bottle of 2012 Caymus Cabernet. For an appetizer, we got two chilled South African lobster tails, and each of us ate a half of one tail. For our entrees, three of us got the bone in Kona rubbed dry aged sirloin, while my best friend got a filet mignon. Two of us got parmesan truffle fries as a side, and the other two got some sort of cheddar bacon potatoes. More Stoli Dolis and/or beer were consumed. After finishing our entrees, per tradition, we each had an Armagnac (and two of us had another one after that). One of my buddies got cheesecake with berries for dessert, while I got an espresso with coconut cream pie.

After all was said and done, the bill, including tip, came to $940. I was so full last night, I couldn't fall asleep until after 2 AM and I didn't get out of bed until after 11.

But I still managed to hit the gym this afternoon.

We agreed to do this again next year on the Friday before Christmas, which I think is December 18, 2015.

Anyways, this is how I began my 17 day vacation. This time of year is when my brain is particularly crispy and I need to shut it down for a bit. And this year, to better facilitate that, I'm going to my older brother's down south for the week. This means you guys will not see me around these parts until my return.

So allow me to wish you all a safe, happy, and most of all, a sane holiday season. Make sure you spend your time with those you love and love you, and be thankful for those people every day.

Z

story74 12-20-2014 02:39 PM

Sounds like a great tradition! Happy holidays!

Vale 12-20-2014 03:36 PM

An absolutely EPIC new tradition, Zoso.

With all due respect, my friend----after years of watching you
climb the ziggurat of a hard core/hard science Masters program
(whilst simultaneously conquering a parallel emotionally racking
interface with addiction)........

.....To the victor go the spoils.

zoso77 12-20-2014 03:56 PM

Vale, coming from you, that means a lot.

Z

Ann 12-20-2014 05:24 PM

Zoso, have a wonderful vacation in the south and please do say hello from this northern gal who won't be making it this year...but maybe next year!!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years and enjoy the balmy breezes.

Hugs

zoso77 12-20-2014 05:32 PM

Ann...PM me when you get the chance.

:)

needingabreak 12-21-2014 05:48 AM

Merry Christmas Zoso and have a safe trip! Enjoy your time in the warm sun!

irisgardens 12-21-2014 07:55 AM

Wonderful to hear...have a wonderful vacation!

Hope7726 12-22-2014 06:30 AM

I LOVE Capital Grille! I used to work directly upstairs from one, for a very generous company. I became so spoiled!

Sounds like an awesome tradition. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays zoso and everyone else!