Shine a Positive Light

Old 11-29-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Shine a Positive Light

Shine a positive light

Shine a positive light on the people around you. And they’ll live up to the best of your expectations.

Shine a positive light on the circumstances in which you find yourself. And you’ll discover opportunities to create real, lasting value.

Shine a positive light on the disappointments that can hurt so much. And you’ll learn how to successfully move forward.

Shine a positive light on the things you cannot control. And you’ll find plenty of ways to achieve whatever you intend.

Shine a positive light on the moments of each day. And you’ll see real treasure in every direction.

Shine a positive light on life. And the life you experience will be filled with true richness.

— Ralph Marston
Old 11-29-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

At first this sounded all gooey and sweet to me, oh sure, shine a positive light and my world will be better? I doubt it.

But then I read it again, and again, and what I take from the words is "look on the bright side" or "stay in the light, don't slip into the darkness of sadness or anger or resentment".

I have shared a lot about my health struggles here, and those of my husband. It's a double whammy to have us both facing serious issues at the same time.

But the positive light I can shed on this is that we have been able to help each other, on his bad days I do more, on mine he does and it works. Another positive is that we are getting all this over with at the same time, and hopefully will be back to normal winters (for us) next year.

I have felt overwhelmed sometimes with the number of medical visits for tests and treatments and follow-up...but the positive light shining here is that we are both lucky to have the same doctor, it happens she specializes in both my health issues and his. I almost feel God-led to this wonderful woman of medicine. And we are able to be treated at world class hospitals that are among the best for my health issues and his....and it doesn't cost us a penny, it is covered by our government health insurance that we pay for through our taxes.

Life can throw us some hard stuff. Some of you are struggling with starting again as a single person, leaving your marriage and dreams behind. It's scary and hard and comes with a sadness of what could have been that wasn't. But the positive light here is the wonderful "new beginnings" that will become apparent as you heal and move forward with your life. The new path will take you places you never would have seen if it wasn't for the obstacles that you face today.

Life is short and life is good. We get to choose how we live it, we get to decide if we want to live in the problem (the hardships we face) or to live in the solution (finding the courage to move forward and find a better path).

We each have light inside of us, there was a time I couldn't find mine and I am grateful for those who shared theirs to help me along the way. So find that light and let it shine. It will help you see where you're going.

Hugs
Old 11-29-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this little light of mine....
I'm gonna let it shine.........
Old 11-30-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine....

Thanks, Ann. This song and this kind of thinking has helped me get through many dark and stormy times in life. I am grateful for your reminder.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am grateful too...you saying that each of you do more some days and others less dealing with two illnesses reminded me that my husband and I do the same...although it has been financial loss and adult child addiction we have been dealing with for the past 5 years...i do appreciate all the light I receive from this site...as I am confused and know that I need to get my positive back...but I am also grateful for things and also just blurbling out what I can when my feelings are overwhelming me. Trying to take just one step and minute at a time which is very hard for me...always has been...and it is almost as if I am being asked to deal with getting meds re-evaluated and therapy so that I need to take care of myself. Still grateful that rent is paid through December and that I have enough to pay insurance premiums through december (praying to God that it be for tomorrow)--we'll see...and the bills for this month. Today woke up without the dreaded anxiety of the past 3 months...and am acting like a glass container...hoping it will not come back. Copied some boundaries to keep from the site...will follow--and am grateful for this minute. Husband being home seems to be helping--I take a long time to adjust to change (always have) and so yesterday was very scared with the intensity of the anxiety. He is helping with things that I did alone for 7 months while working and it was overwhelming...although having a job decreased the stress. I am so grateful for the site...as I figure out the next step...and keeping it to one at a time for now. Reading my literature is really helpful...from here and my ESH book...praying and trying to meditate without judging how well I am doing it...just turning over and turning over...not just addict daughter...but every single worry I can think of or have written about.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tried positive light thing.....but batteries fell out & rolled under the bed.
Even if I could reach them...I don't have hands to put them back in the flashlight.

Alas, the life of a duck can suck......Vale should just stick to what he knows----
(his AFLAC gig and reading Ann's heartwarming posts)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK DUCK! Stand up and reach under the bed...put batteries in flashlight...shine...

Not yelling...simply working to let you know that you are heard and cared for...
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Irisgardens gave me the boot in the a** I needed.

I "ducked up"---- found a way to GET IT DONE......and GOT IT DONE.

No details out of a desire for anonymity-----but a family member launched off the
bow. Trajectory nominal---no reason for any sadness whatsoever....and yet....

This time she isn't ever 'coming home'. She hatched a long time ago---
and we knew the day we had her-- her time would come to fly away forever.

Ducks don't have tear ducts....either an interesting factoid or bullcrap I just made up.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Vale))) Factoid is, ducks have hearts and I am sending hugs from my heart to yours.

And whenever anyone here cannot find their light, the rest of us share ours and hold your hand, or perhaps wing, or whatever ducks use to hang on...at least you know where your light is, down under the bed somewhere. When you are ready you will stretch your capabilities and reach out for it and we'll cheer you on.

We are like lighters at a concert, glowing through the night. Let the music play!!

Hugs
Old 12-02-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad Duck...and it isn't true that ducks don't have tear ducts...sometimes they just show in different ways...as a person who learned early on that 'big girls don't cry' can tell you that we all need to cry sometimes...in whatever way it manifests (quacking too)--and although I know no details...I feel pain when I feel it and how could I not reach out a hand (yes...with me it sounds like a kick in the a** and I was never in the military but from 3rd grade on...loved the Marine's Hymn best and my father quoted from Longfellow's poem about the light brigade in the Crimean war so guess it was imprinted in me).

Glad that you are reaching...I am too...and you are awesome...and wonderful and fabulous...and ask me how I know? Just do...it is a gift that I can see so much in others...the good...and I know that and no longer feel like a failure because I see the good and not so much the bad (mostly not much at all).

Take care Duck...we are all here...and we are shining the light and we care.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ann, your post reminded me of Christmas concerts where the light was low and hymns were sung...don't know if they were ever real or just in my imagination but I was happy to be reminded and am so glad that you posted...you have a gift with words.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I was young our church used to have a candlelight service each year, usually the Sunday evening before Christmas, with only candles lighting the church. It was lovely and the children's choir sang and led the congregation in carols.

Thank you for reminding me of this lovely memory.